Author Topic: New Tesla truck design  (Read 4913 times)

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
New Tesla truck design
« on: November 22, 2019, 10:50:51 AM »
It's a brave, new (scary world) of automotive design. If this is the future of automotive design, I'm buying a skateboard instead.
https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/11/21/tesla-cybertruck-unveiled.html
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
Re: New Tesla truck design
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 10:59:27 AM »
Now every one is trying to out-Aztek the competition.

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2019, 11:10:48 AM »
Yes it would seem so. Wasn't the Aztec a flop?
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Mikelj5S230

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2019, 11:15:48 AM »
That is about as bad as it can get,,,,,Tesla stock down over 6% on this "news"......
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 11:38:42 AM by CorvetteMike »
Formerly known as CorvetteMike.

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2019, 12:21:26 PM »
 :D
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2019, 12:34:02 PM »
He definitely smokes way too much weed. That looks like it's out of a 1936 Buck Rogers episode except Musk had the staff smooth the wrinkles out of the aluminum foil.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Side-Oilers

• SAAC Member
  • SAAC member since 1981.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2019, 03:20:45 PM »
Yes, it's an elementary school kid's drawing come to life.

However, what bothers me most about the press reveal is not the vehicle itself, but how the press applauds and cheers like they're watching their favorite rock star strut out on stage, with laser show in full force.  These so called "journalists" continually guzzle the Musk/Tesla Kool-aid and fawn over everything the man or his company says and does. Well, that's not being a "journalist." That's being a fan.

I know of which I speak. I spent my entire 30+ year career on-staff at magazines like Motor Trend, Car Craft and Popular Hot Rodding, beginning in 1980; in addition to producing automotive TV shows for ESPN and others. Never once (up until about 7 or 8 years ago) did I attend a press reveal where the writers cheered the sight of a new vehicle or an executive like they're at a rave. At the most, it was polite applause.

We were there to learn as much about the new vehicle as possible, investigate the claims, and put them into perspective vis-a-vis competing vehicles for our readers' edification. Even if my own cars were Ford products, I didn't thereby love all things Ford and hate Chevrolet. Each years' new vehicles were tested and graded on their own merits.

And, yes, there were differing levels of professionalism, even back in the old days. I'm not here to heap praise on every old time car writer, but just to say that today there is virtually no professionalism by the huge majority of people scribbling out diatribes on cars.

I'm glad I retired from the automotive business several years ago. Long-time friends of mine who are still in the business (as true journalists, car company execs and engineers) are disgusted by the total unprofessional behavior of these so-called "automotive influencers."  Imagine a car show full of Hannah Elliott types, each swooning over the latest Tesla vehicle and feverishly typing their blogs about how amazing Musk is, and how everyone else is evil. That's pretty much how it is today.

Puke.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 04:06:53 PM by Side-Oilers »
Current:
2006 FGT. Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs, 3.90 gears. 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra. 482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Formerly:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model 3-spd stick

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2019, 03:45:03 PM »
...it's a good thing the bullet proof window demonstration went well...oops, never mind!
Nothing beats a classic!

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2019, 04:09:27 PM »

+ 1

However, what bothers me most about the press reveal is not the vehicle itself, but how the press applauds and cheers like they're watching their favorite rock star strut out on stage, with laser show in full force.  These so called "journalists" continually guzzle the Musk/Tesla Kool-aid and fawn over everything the man or his company says and does. Well, that's not being a "journalist." That's being a fan.

I know of which I speak. I spent my entire 30+ year career on-staff at magazines like Motor Trend, Car Craft and Popular Hot Rodding, beginning in 1980; in addition to producing automotive TV shows for ESPN and others. Never once (up until about 7 or 8 years ago) did I attend a press reveal where the writers cheered the sight of a new vehicle or an executive like they're at a rave. At the most, it was polite applause.

We were there to learn as much about the new vehicle as possible, investigate the claims, and put them into perspective vis-a-vis competing vehicles for our readers' edification. Even if my own cars were Ford products, I didn't thereby love all things Ford and hate Chevrolet. Each years' new vehicles were tested and graded on their own merits.

And, yes, there were differing levels of professionalism, even back in the old days. I'm not here to heap praise on every old time car writer, but just to say that today there is virtually no professionalism by the huge majority of people scribbling out diatribes on cars.

I'm glad I retired from the automotive business several years ago. Long-time friends of mine who are still in the business (as true journalists, car company execs and engineers) are disgusted by the total unprofessional behavior of these so-called "automotive influencers."  Imagine a car show full of Hannah Elliott types, each swooning over the latest Tesla vehicle and feverishly typing their blogs about how amazing Musk is, and how everyone else is evil. That's pretty much how it is today.

Puke.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2019, 04:54:32 PM »

Puke.

Didn't this trend start with Steve Jobs and Apple?

Side-Oilers

• SAAC Member
  • SAAC member since 1981.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2019, 04:58:49 PM »
^^^ Valid point.  Same fan worship by the "journalists." 
Current:
2006 FGT. Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs, 3.90 gears. 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra. 482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Formerly:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model 3-spd stick

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2019, 08:55:45 PM »
To me, it’s so ugly ...it’s cool. 

At least someone has enough balls to do something different these days.

Jon

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2019, 09:15:33 PM »
The "Fail" demonstrating the unbreakable glass made the national news tonight.

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2019, 09:30:06 PM »
Looks like  Car-Dash-E-An model.

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2019, 09:39:15 PM »
good news-bad news everyone is talking about tesla

The "Fail" demonstrating the unbreakable glass made the national news tonight.

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy