News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Good battery that fits well with the Autolite toppers

Started by Brandon, November 23, 2019, 10:41:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brandon

I have an Autolite Group 24 Battery Cover on the battery in my 67 GT500.

My battery is on it's way out.  Any recommendations on good batteries the cover fits on nicely and doesn't look out of place?  I've heard Exide in the past, but haven't had good experiences with them in the past.

gt350bp

I'm investigating a NAPA battery that I have been told works well with the Autolite topper. A friend has one in his 67 GT 500 without any issues. Will advise next week when I visit my local NAPA store.

Don
gt350bp

SBCARGUY

I use interstate batteries (black case) with my 65s... Works pretty well.

BDT 739

CSX 3183

I just bought a group 24 battery from Wal Mart, perfect fit, stickers come of real easy, 5 year warranty
Member of SAAC since 1977

Shelby_r_b

Nothing beats a classic!

JWH

Another option to consider: I picked up a new Duracell flat top battery today at Batteries & Bulbs. I ordered on-line to pick up at my local store and there was  a 10% discount for the on-line purchase (this may be temporary?). The Autolite cover fits great and the engine compartment looks much better.   725 Cold Cranking Amps.   36 Month free replacement warranty and pro-rated after that.

Here is a link:
https://www.batteriesplus.com/productdetails/SLI24FM?storecode=801&locationofinterest=&locationphysical=9051708&utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=ecommpla&gclid=CjwKCAiAi4fwBRBxEiwAEO8_HqW0HpdYAzbIaB5VDMyc0dFpGc0OEglK8I7D11nBtnLXQHYQMrq98BoCKL4QAvD_BwE

jim mac

Quote from: CSX 3183 on November 23, 2019, 11:27:15 PM
I just bought a group 24 battery from Wal Mart, perfect fit, stickers come of real easy, 5 year warranty

I did the same....
"If things seem under control, you're just not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Brandon

I ended up getting a Napa Legend Premium which worked well.

1967 eight barrel

Interstate and Exide both make them. The Costco batteries have lasted well and their warranties are no questions asked.

Royce Peterson

I bought a Champion 24F battery at Pep Boys recently that fit under the topper perfectly after I cut the carry strap off. Their website shows a picture of a grey battery but mine is black. 
1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock