News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Before and after - carb repairs

Started by Coralsnake, November 26, 2019, 05:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbydoug

Quote from: countrysquire on November 28, 2019, 10:56:41 AM
Quote from: shelbydoug on November 27, 2019, 06:51:24 AM
Quote from: cbrown on November 26, 2019, 07:03:08 PM
I bet you tumble it in steel shot for a bit and will look like nothing happened  there!

chris

They are 2 68 S8MS carbs and you don't want to disturb the original stampings on the air horns. Now he needs to deal with the color of the dye which tends to be very light on them.

That patch plates need to be the same material to take the dye the same way.

I think any kind of tumbling is going to be risky. Although the 68 Shelby carbs tend to have heavy stampings, some are like the stampings on the distributor housings. Very light.

Someone who can counterfeit the printing plates for currency might be the one to get if you can wait for them to get out of prison? They don't work cheap though. ;)

Vapor blasting will restore the finish nicely and bring the script back to how it originally looked.

Show me.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Coralsnake

Thanks for the suggestions

We have strayed off topic. The point of the thread was to show you can repair these parts.

Feel free to start another thread about refinishing
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

FL SAAC

And those are the renaissance men that will or are currently working on the lost GT500 that belonged to Jimmy Morrison...love you two times....

Look at the kid pointing at us and laughing.

He is saying : the 500 will be so good, when they see it ... that no one will know that Jimmys car has been memorexed ...

Quote from: shelbydoug on November 27, 2019, 06:51:24 AM
Quote from: cbrown on November 26, 2019, 07:03:08 PM
I bet you tumble it in steel shot for a bit and will look like nothing happened  there!

chris

They are 2 68 S8MS carbs and you don't want to disturb the original stampings on the air horns. Now he needs to deal with the color of the dye which tends to be very light on them.

That patch plates need to be the same material to take the dye the same way.

I think any kind of tumbling is going to be risky. Although the 68 Shelby carbs tend to have heavy stampings, some are like the stampings on the distributor housings. Very light.

Someone who can counterfeit the printing plates for currency might be the one to get if you can wait for them to get out of prison? They don't work cheap though. ;)
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

shelbydoug

Quote from: Coralsnake on November 28, 2019, 11:37:21 AM
Thanks for the suggestions

We have strayed off topic. The point of the thread was to show you can repair these parts.

Feel free to start another thread about refinishing

They are finished now? :o
68 GT350 Lives Matter!