News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

MCACN

Started by Coralsnake, November 23, 2019, 02:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

J_Speegle

Quote from: Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas on November 23, 2019, 05:36:40 PM
Are Cougar Eliminators Boss 302's, 428's or 351's

Not sure if your asking about the ones at the show or in general. If in general 390's were also an option in 69 if I recall correctly. Recall looking at one at one point but didn't buy
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Never saw a 390 Eliminator, but  I was asking about the ones at the show
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

deathsled

"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

deathsled

Some 003 for you. Fender emblems seem so wrong. But hey it all had to start somewhere.

Shelby_r_b

Dang! This is the second year in a row when you, Deathsled, and I were at MCACN at the same time, but have not met. I remember seeing your car last year, but you weren't around at the time.

...next year?
Nothing beats a classic!

deathsled

Sure. There is always next year. I'm the phantom menace of the show perhaps. Never seen but being a menace somehow stirring up controversy. Last year it was my car. That's no Shelby Mustang, it has the wrong wheels and trans am lug nuts and the engine is wrong...and the side exhaust, but wait a minute those are hipo heads and the Buddy Bar valve covers look real. And the export brace with equidistant bolts and the welded washers on brackets for the konis. And the Monte Carlo bar  And the vin tag. What the hell??? I enjoyed the comments as I blended in as a spectator. This year it was standing next to the Bullitt Muatang and asking people to opine if in fact the Bullitt Mustang is housed behind...once again...dare I say it...Bullitt proof glass. Some were not amused and some didn't immediately get it. Others groaned and laughed but it was fun. Some of the girls at that exhibit loved the comment and a couple gave me a strange look but hey, I have that effect on people. Yes, next year Shelby r_b...next year.

Quote from: deathsled on November 23, 2019, 08:20:16 PM
Some 003 for you. Fender emblems seem so wrong. But hey it all had to start somewhere.

The car was shown as if it was JUST delivered to Shelby American in Venice, CA.  How it would look as it came off of the truck, brought inside....just before the K-code Mustang was transformed into a GT-350.  Since the restoration was not complete, they switched gears and decided to show it like that for MCACN.

It was ingenious.  It was one of my favorite displays.

deathsled

The Hemi under glass Jay Leno was in when Riggles flipped after pulling a wheelie.

deathsled

Quote from: 1690 on November 24, 2019, 01:13:10 AM

The car was shown as if it was JUST delivered to Shelby American in Venice, CA.  How it would look as it came off of the truck, brought inside....just before the K-code Mustang was transformed into a GT-350.  Since the restoration was not complete, they switched gears and decided to show it like that for MCACN.

Yes it was clever. I agree.

deathsled

Lots of Mopar at the show.

deathsled

Shelby_r_b

Quote from: 1690 on November 24, 2019, 01:13:10 AM

+1. I talked to Charles (first time I met him in person - great to put a face to the name) and they actually used a donor day for the parts there would be replaced later (front fenders, etc.) it was incredible!
Nothing beats a classic!