Author Topic: MCACN  (Read 5543 times)

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: MCACN
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2019, 09:07:07 AM »
Yep, next time, Deathsled!

Funny, you mentioned being a spectator while people are looking at your car. I’ve done that before at shows, cars and coffee, etc. it’s always fun to hear what people will say when they think the owner is not around. 😉
Nothing beats a classic!

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2019, 09:56:33 AM »
the art of hiding in plain site... :)

Sure. There is always next year. I'm the phantom menace of the show perhaps. Never seen but being a menace somehow stirring up controversy. Last year it was my car. That's no Shelby Mustang, it has the wrong wheels and trans am lug nuts and the engine is wrong...and the side exhaust, but wait a minute those are hipo heads and the Buddy Bar valve covers look real. And the export brace with equidistant bolts and the welded washers on brackets for the konis. And the Monte Carlo bar  And the vin tag. What the hell??? I enjoyed the comments as I blended in as a spectator. This year it was standing next to the Bullitt Muatang and asking people to opine if in fact the Bullitt Mustang is housed behind...once again...dare I say it...Bullitt proof glass. Some were not amused and some didn't immediately get it. Others groaned and laughed but it was fun. Some of the girls at that exhibit loved the comment and a couple gave me a strange look but hey, I have that effect on people. Yes, next year Shelby r_b...next year.
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

propayne

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2019, 10:29:05 AM »
As always, thanks to everyone who posted pics. What a great show this is!

As for Eliminators -

Introduced in April of 1969, available engines were: the Boss 302 (G code), 351 4v Windsor (M code, which was the base engine), 390 4v (S code) and 428 Cobra-Jet (Q and R code).

For '70 the 390 was dropped and the base engine was the 351b4v Cleveland (still an M code), G code Boss 302 was still available and the 428 CJs were all Q codes with or without Ram Air.

Also, Hertz ordered 101 sunroof equipped Eliminators in '69 and 100 in '70. The only way you could get a sunroof (and without a vinyl top) in an Eliminator.

- Phillip
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 02:27:51 PM by propayne »
President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2019, 10:46:19 AM »
respec shelby c&n

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2019, 11:16:00 AM »
I really wish I could drive the Respec car. They really pulled the restomod enhanced theme off IMO. I had my doubts when I first heard about it . It was a exercise to prove you could tastefully improve on the old if you so wanted . The the completed build will be sold at the BJ auction in Jan.With all of the Shelby hype going on currently it should do well. Congratulation George H and the Respec team.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2019, 12:22:15 PM »
Cougars. No, not the two legged variety. You can find those easily at the local bar any day. Not these however. The black one was a special custom order from the factory as were the black stripes. This color combo of black stripes on black paint is even more relevant today.  A trend setter back in the day. The dual quads are verified installed at the dealer. Sweet ride. Always had a soft spot for Cougars. No not those Cougars. For those I have a hard spot if you catch my drift.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 12:27:59 PM by deathsled »
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2019, 12:44:10 PM »
the real one..c.t.

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

cbrown

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2019, 03:42:50 PM »
Respec gt500 was awesome build our shop knocked out our part  in  T.V. show time !!! lol   SO happy  we made our deadline.    We debuted car at SEMA , now at MCACN , now heading toward Scottsdale!!   Had good time in Chicago and go the meet some good people that I have met on forums but never in person.   Ruben, Brian, and Nick nice to put a face with a name!!

thanks chris

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2019, 05:16:05 PM »
Great meeting you too Chris.    The Respec car is AWESOME!  Big fan of all of your work.

Here are my pics:

https://imageshack.com/a/eI9x7/1
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2019, 05:18:52 PM »
Great pictures and you captured some notables in the background also

Great meeting you too Chris.    The Respec car is AWESOME!  Big fan of all of your work.

Here are my pics:

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2019, 06:09:45 PM »
Likewise, Chris! It was great to finally meet you in person. The work your shop does is outstanding. 👍🏻
Nothing beats a classic!

Stillakid54

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2019, 08:40:58 PM »

Here are my pics:

[/quote]

Brian, thanks for posting for those of us who could not make it.
68-2766, since 1990
69-2524, since 1992

Special Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2019, 08:31:40 AM »
The big snake in top photo reply 33  was made for shelbys 65th birthday party hosted in Detroit by autoweek (poster on LH side of snake) and the poster on RH side of snake is the story in Detroit news all documented.  George H. CDC owner of the 69 gt 500 RESPEC bought that snake at Rick B.  (super ford enterprizes) estate sale a few years ago. This big snake is 2 part so it can be handled easy and may be for sale at BJ shortly.

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2019, 09:33:31 AM »
The big snake in top photo reply 33  was made for shelbys 65th birthday party hosted in Detroit by autoweek (poster on LH side of snake) and the poster on RH side of snake is the story in Detroit news all documented.  George H. CDC owner of the 69 gt 500 RESPEC bought that snake at Rick B.  (super ford enterprizes) estate sale a few years ago. This big snake is 2 part so it can be handled easy and may be for sale at BJ shortly.

Nice! I wondered where the snake came from. Cool piece!
Nothing beats a classic!