News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

University Ford - Champaign, IL

Started by Shelby_r_b, June 30, 2019, 07:36:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shelby_r_b

Hello!

I'm looking for any pictures, dealer emblems, etc. of University Ford. Also, any history would be greatly appreciated!  Please PM me if you have anything for sale, and please post any pictures you're willing to share publicly.

To start, here's a picture of the building that currently sits at 315 S Neil St in Champaign.

Thanks!  :D
Nothing beats a classic!

SFM6S087

Nothing yet, but I have a cousin-in-law who lives just south of Champaign who's digging around for old pictures or info. Will let you know if he comes up with anything.

BTW, he's an ace Volvo mechanic. Years ago the dealers used to hold nation-wide trouble-shooting/repair contests. He won and he & his wife got a free trip to Sweden one year. Pretty cool.

Steve

Shelby_r_b

Quote from: SFM6S087 on July 03, 2019, 05:04:47 AM
Nothing yet, but I have a cousin-in-law who lives just south of Champaign who's digging around for old pictures or info. Will let you know if he comes up with anything.

BTW, he's an ace Volvo mechanic. Years ago the dealers used to hold nation-wide trouble-shooting/repair contests. He won and he & his wife got a free trip to Sweden one year. Pretty cool.

Steve

Wow! Now that's cool! 👍🏻
Nothing beats a classic!

honker

Found this, probably a little later than the time frame your looking for.

Mike

Shelby_r_b

Nothing beats a classic!

Harris Speedster

Mike,
I my self need to do further research in Champaign.

I have been in contact with the Newspaper there, they have about 16 articles in their archives that my research calls for.
They would have many old ads.

I might try the newspaper and see what advertisements the dealer ran
Back in the day, it was common to show a picture of the employees in a big ad or special sale.
Might help, might not.
Do let me know if you run into anything with Ben Harris.
If you want, please reply back and post what you are looking for !!
I will keep an eye out for what you need, as we are both apparently doing archival work there.
Thanks mike,
John
Is this the first futuristic exotic in the world?
Size of an ac cobra, but built in 1935 !
https://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/features-stories-and-photos/harris-fwd-speedster-the-story/?PHPSESSID=v4pqtv6hep4ff4rvalrc9qsnj7

shlb69

Shelby_r_b

Quote from: shlb69 on July 18, 2019, 12:17:17 AM
dealer trunk emblem

Now THAT is awesome!!!! Thanks for sharing, as I've never seen the truck emblem before. 👍🏻
Nothing beats a classic!

Shelby_r_b

Bump to the top - still looking.

Thanks!
Nothing beats a classic!