Author Topic: 1967 Shelby GT350 Paxton Car  (Read 9472 times)

Bigfoot

• Forum 1.0 posts: 8815
    • View Profile
Re: 1967 Shelby GT350 Paxton Car
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2020, 11:31:01 PM »
The person who striped that should be ashamed of himself.

Yup
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

csx289

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2020, 11:35:59 AM »
Tim, Pete, Bob G, etc- I feel like I need to clarify one important aspect re this sale. This was NOT my car nor owned by me. I previously owned it and sold it in 2016. I simply commented on the thread because of my background on the car.

My friend that I sold it to (from Rochester NY) planned to be at the sale but his mom is gravely ill so I offered to rep the car on the block for him. He told me to do whatever I thought was the right choice re. the reserve. As you can see from the Mecum broadcast I pulled the reserve at 320k. The gentleman who bought it also bought the gold 68 EFI car (#56 if my memory is correct Pete?) for $300k hammer. So clearly he has a thing for Paxton cars even though I don't know if it was ever decided that the '68 had one originally?

So, while I appreciate the offers to help me carry the cash from the '67 Paxton sale it will be delivered directly to NY and not to me!  ;D

And, I stand by my statement that this was an older resto painted and striped by Curt Vogt/ Cobra Automotive in 1996 or so. Tony Branda's son was posting pics of it during restoration on Facebook last week in Curt's shop showing the same stripes on it then. Today, and in 2016 when I owned it, the car has a nice even patina to it and since I enjoy driving and not car shows I never saw the need to change anything with its appearance other than to take off the hideous reproduction 10-spokes and old Radial T/A tires and put on the correct wheels, caps, and small-letter Goodyears.

I hope the new owner enjoys it, she has a healthy engine and I sorted the mechanicals really thoroughly so the car is quite fun to drive!

-Colin

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2020, 12:18:55 PM »
So, I cant help you carry the money to the bank?

;)

csx289

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2020, 12:27:36 PM »
So, I cant help you carry the money to the bank?

;)

If you sell me a Conolec system for 0006 I will help YOU carry YOUR money to the bank Pete!!