News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Steel Wheels

Started by Survivor, December 01, 2019, 10:23:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Survivor

Looking for a set of 15x6 KH steel wheels-could be dated for '67 or '68.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Survivor on December 01, 2019, 10:23:07 AM
Looking for a set of 15x6 KH steel wheels-could be dated for '67 or '68.
Keep in mind 67 production wheels and 68 production wheels are physically different. You are most likely looking for 68 wheels and should confirm such along with the date code info. Best of luck with your search.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Survivor

Thx. Bob-I'm trying to find a set of 15x6 wheels for my '67/350 so that I can use the factory hubcaps.  My understanding is that the '67 wheel had 3 nubs and the '68 4 nubs-if you wanted to use dog dish caps.  But for my use, either wheel would work-or for that matter, any 15x6 steel wheel?  I'm not concerned at all about being date code/concours correct-just want to run the car on wheels that will fit the factory hubcaps.  Pls. correct me if my info. is inaccurate and thanks again for the help.

Karguy

I have two 15x6 wheels that came with 6s281 as extras. One is a 67, I have no idea on the other. I was not really looking to get rid of them at this point but ultimately I won't need them.  Let me know if you think they might work for you, message me and we can talk price and shipping.
Thanks, Karl
6S281, in my family from 1972-1983. Back home January 2017, will not leave again!