News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Seeking dad's '69 GT500

Started by michshelbyguy, November 18, 2019, 07:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michshelbyguy

Hello--  I am checking to see if my dad's 1969 GT500 has been registered with SAAC.  He bought it new in April 1969 from Northwestern Ford in Milwaukee, and sold it in 1974.  It was an Acapulco Blue hardtop.  My dad is still alive, and if it's feasible, I would like to surprise my dad next summer by traveling and reuniting him with his car.  To be honest, while my dad does have great stories of his five years of ownership, it's not like he's particularly wistful about it nor does he regret selling it.  However, I think the current owner would enjoy hearing from my dad, and given the opportunity to see his Shelby again I think the fond memories and reminisces would flow.  Plus, my dad retained some of the paraphernalia from ownership; I would have to convince my brother to give that up, but I would be fine reuniting it with the car since I have no recollections of the car (it was sold two years before I was born).  Any help the SAAC members can provide would be greatly appreciated.  Car's VIN is 9F02R481115.  --Marshall

1969shelbygt350

It's a great story. Hope you find it soon.  I purchased a 68 Shelby. I reunited it to first owner's brother last summer. 

shelbymann1970

Contact Vinny Liska for help. 68-70 SAAC registar. Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)