News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Bullitt 68 or Morrisons GT500

Started by pchmotoho, December 08, 2019, 02:18:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pchmotoho

During a straight shot drive from St. Louis to So. Cal I was thinking about how much money some people are guessing the Bullitt car is going to bring (I guessed around 1.1 mil to 1.4)  which got me thinking about Morrisons 500 (assuming it was ever found and verified of course)

What car would you rather have?   I would take the GT500 all day.  Obviously the Bullitt is cool and perhaps the most famous Mustang ever and Steve McQueen is uh.......Steve McQueen (no need to say more) but I would choose the 500 because it is a Shelby and it too was owned by a very interesting individual whose music I really like.

Lets keep perceived value out of the equation (yes I would trade my beloved 66 for a Dusenburg (or is it berg) and buy a whole lot more Shelby American vehicles with the money.   Just keep it to what car would you rather have and have to KEEP in your garage. 

No question, the Blue Lady.

My favorite year and color for a Shelby AND a big 40+ year fan of the doors.

kjspeed

Taking the car's value out of the equation I'd take the GT500 every time, but if you factor in the value Bullitt is way more desirable IMHO. I would feel comfortable keeping Morrison's GT500 under lock and key myself as well as driving it frequently. The Bullitt would need a vault and armed guards.
1968 Shelby GT350
1968 Mustang GT S-code
2009 Mustang Bullitt

Greg

I thought it was thoroughly vetted that the Morrison car was destroyed, is that not correct, or is this an Elvis is still alive fairy tale?
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Greg on December 08, 2019, 10:09:39 AM
I thought it was thoroughly vetted that the Morrison car was destroyed, is that not correct, or is this an Elvis is still alive fairy tale?
Just like little Red was ;) .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

NC TRACKRAT

If you could afford to purchase the "Bullitt", then security wouldn't be an issue since you'd already have security. In addition, you'd probably have enough money to have "Bullitt" re-created dents, rust and all, drive it around and tell everyone "It's just a clone". ;)
5S071, 6S1467

Shelby_r_b

That's a tough question.  My inclination is to go with Bullitt; however, the Blue Lady would be awesome as well!
Nothing beats a classic!

sfm5

No question I would take the GT500.
65 GT350

98SVT - was 06GT

Let's look at it this way. Do you want a Shelby GT500 or Mustang 390 Fastback? Shelby wins all day

Now do you want a car because it was owned by the coolest dude in Hollywood or a drugged out rocker? Coolest dude in Hollywood wins.

Finally do you want a car for resale? McQueen name attached to a car - even this one which he never owned is money in the bank. Big money.

Bottom line if they were available in my price range both would be in the garage unrestored and more importantly driven like I stole em. The only time they would be on a trailer would be if they broke down far from home.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

FL SAAC

All things being equal...the 500 hands down

Quote from: pchmotoho on December 08, 2019, 02:18:36 AM
During a straight shot drive from St. Louis to So. Cal I was thinking about how much money some people are guessing the Bullitt car is going to bring (I guessed around 1.1 mil to 1.4)  which got me thinking about Morrisons 500 (assuming it was ever found and verified of course)

What car would you rather have?   I would take the GT500 all day.  Obviously the Bullitt is cool and perhaps the most famous Mustang ever and Steve McQueen is uh.......Steve McQueen (no need to say more) but I would choose the 500 because it is a Shelby and it too was owned by a very interesting individual whose music I really like.

Lets keep perceived value out of the equation (yes I would trade my beloved 66 for a Dusenburg (or is it berg) and buy a whole lot more Shelby American vehicles with the money.   Just keep it to what car would you rather have and have to KEEP in your garage.
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

FL SAAC

I predicted that it will return, being sculpted as we speak.

Take a look at the last Jim Morrison link ;

http://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=5229.0

Quote from: Greg on December 08, 2019, 10:09:39 AM

I have all UNGOLD cars

Mikelj5S230

I would rather have Connie's '69 Playmate Pink GT500 than either.......
Formerly known as CorvetteMike.

FL SAAC

I would take Connie back in the day...

Quote from: CorvetteMike on December 08, 2019, 05:05:30 PM
I would rather have Connie's '69 Playmate Pink GT500 than either.......

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

Oh by the way , happy birthday Jimmy another FL guy!

I have all UNGOLD cars

Well,I already have a 67 500,so.......another 67 would be great!!! Blue lady......