News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

289 Cobra 2x4 intake and carbs

Started by vince, December 08, 2019, 09:59:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vince

I recently picked up a 2x4 intake with the correct Carter AFB 3258S and 3259S carbs , air cleaners and linkage. Couple of things...the intake has no identification simply a blank pad where COBRA would normally appear. On the 3259 carb, there is no choke or fast idle linkage. Can someone provide a picture of the throttle side linkage and fast idle setup of the carb. If necessary, I can have a machine shop duplicate. Thanks

Dan Case

Linkage between carburetor wise there were two 1960s "factory" types: 1) what Shelby American used on new Cobras with factory installed 2-4V January 1964 onward or 2) what Ford / Dearborn Steel Tube provided in over the counter "COBRA Kits" 1964 to circa 1969.

Third option was non-Ford aftermarket or custom made linkage pieces built into something that worked. Users often customized whatever they had which complicates things.

Do you have any idea what you have?  In the "factory" systems only the rear carburetor was fitted with a hot air operated automatic choke. The front carburetor didn't get anything choke related.
Dan Case
1964 Cobra owner since 1983, Cobra crazy since I saw my first one in the mid 1960s in Huntsville, AL.