Author Topic: 43rd. IN SAAC, Spring Fling, 50th Anniversary celebration of the 1970 Shelby  (Read 10176 times)

csheff

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Gary, we never have had a problem there with cars or trailers in lot.

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Gary, we never have had a problem there with cars or trailers in lot.
Thanks. So with open trailers also? Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

csheff

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
yes there are of those there also. No trouble so far.

shelby1817

• View Profile
Gary there is an area by the car show area everyone parks their trailers. I pulled my toter home and stacker trailer (73 feet long) in there several times. very narrow one lane entrance and exit road.  and we parked it in the RV camping area. Never had a problem. Took pickup truck and 24-26 foot enclosed
trailers also ....Remember trucks and trailers go in the back way and not thru the covered bridge road.  Its a great show, I hope to attend again also ..

alexgt350h

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Registration is now open for IN SAAC Spring Fling.
Go to : www.insaac.org to get registered.

Gonna be a big year ---lots of 70 Shelbys, a 66 GT40 Alan Mann lightweight, plus a guest speaker that really knows his subject.
May 15-17, 2020. Nashville, Indiana, Brown County State Park.

Special Ed

• View Profile
It's March now. Spring is around the corner and everybody should have their IN SAAC Spring Fling registration. If not let Brent know and he can get one mailed to u asap. We have some great guest speakers lined up (some guys who actually built the 68 69 70 Shelbys) and a video to play on the big screen. We will be giving out some specialED  50th anniversary 1970 Shelby collectors items to the 1970 shelbys that are coming to this special once in a life time historic golden 50th anniversary event. We want to set a record (AGAIN) like last years 50th anniversary of the 69 shelbys at IN SAAC show. We know that 1970 shelbys are a very low production(788) next to 65 shelbys being less made so it will be hard to get a big number of these cars to show up but we want to get the most 70 shelbys back in one place since they left Fords Kar Kraft plant. All vintage shelbys are now 50 to 55 years old and we aint getting any younger so get these cars out while u still can!!!!!

alexgt350h

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Along with all the Special Ed gifts, we have also arranged for a photographer to get a special group shot of the 70 Shelbys in attendance this year.

Our guest speakers were a part of 68-70 Shelbys , and GTE Cougars being built at AO Smith. Will be a good time to hear some of the stories of what really went into building these cars.

The Spring Fling is known for the vintage car turnout. If you have never attended, 2020 is the time.

Hope to see you all in Nashville, Indiana. May 15-17.

www.insaac.org for info, and registration.

Brent

Special Ed

• View Profile
Same weekend as MECUM indy auction a short drive north so u can go to both events like most car people do on the same trip. We are going to have a survivor class also part of the concours classes so if u have a survivor car register it that way when registering for the show since the survivor class isn't listed on the car classes list. We have more than one survivor coming and when we get 3 or more of a certain class of car we can add  those  extra classes for this show. Thanks  and keep em comin!!!!

propayne

• View Profile
This years show sounds awesome!

Just one quick clarification - The XR7-G Cougars were put together at AO Smith via Shelby Automotive.

GT-E Cougars (in both XR-7 and standard trim) were built in-house and were the Cougars that came standard with the W code hydraulic lifter 427 and then later the 428 Cobra Jet.

I hope to make it.

- Phillip
President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

Special Ed

• View Profile
Also didn't aosmith install the sunroofs in cougars propayne?

propayne

• View Profile
Hey Ed -

The way I understand it, sunroof installation was performed by ASC at first. Equipment was then installed at Smith so that they could do it (as a cost saving measure I would guess), but the installations ultimately wen't back to ASC. Probably because of quality control problems.

I bet Mr. Engelmann could shed some light on this.

- Phillip
President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

alexgt350h

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Now that Mecum has announced that John Atzbach's collection is to be sold at Indy. That is all the more reason to attend the Spring Fling.

Go to Mecum on Friday, and attend our show on Saturday.

Win Win in my book.

Brent

csheff

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
What and miss the pony trails

alexgt350h

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Here is a message from Indiana SAAC's Vice President:
What's up Flingers?
 I'm sure many of you are concerned about what all this COVID-19 mess might mean for the Spring Fling, which is now just 57 days away. The truth is, none of us know right now, and we aren't going to jump to any conclusions at this point and compound the fears and panic that has already taken over life as we know it.
Registrations are still coming in, and tracking a little ahead of last year at this time... so that is good news :). And I got an email from Mother Nature that she fully intends to cooperate just like last year 8). I'm sure many of you have had events cancelled or postponed, as I have already experienced at both work and the car hobby.
At this point, we have not discussed anything related to a cancellation or postponement of the Spring Fling :-[. All we can do right now - as Board of Directors, Members, and Attendees - is hope for the best, and do our parts to follow instructions in "social distancing" and "flattening the curve".
We sure hope to see you all in Brown County come May 15th, We will certainly keep you posted if we are forced to take any action.
Did I mention 57 days?
Say your prayers, keep your fingers (and toes) crossed...and WASH YOUR HANDS!
Jason Smith
Indiana Shelby American Auto Club
Vice President
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 02:57:28 PM by alexgt350h »

alexgt350h

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile