News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Ford v Ferrari

Started by csxsfm, December 11, 2019, 10:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

csxsfm

Enjoyed the film but I had a hard time with the film's casting for Phil Remington.  The actor chosen looked too much like Dick Guldstrand, one of the Cobras' significant Corvette challengers on the west coast.  Every time a part for Phil was featured I thought of Dick.  Surprises me they casting didn't do a better job on that key character.

rhjanes

He's a well known character actor.  He was the coach in "The Blind Side".  I thought he did fine but there was zero character development or hardly any explanation of him.  When he first appeared, I leaned over and told my wife "Phil Remington, main fabricator for Shelby and a main fabricator before the Shelby years and for the rest of his life".  She asked me about him after the movie.
I also told her "I really doubt he was telling Shelby to go down and meet people about buying a Cobra". 

I'm glad Bale didn't try and replicate Miles's sharp accent and talking out the side of his mouth!  I would have needed sub-titles. 
Pirating!  Corporate take-over without the paperwork

JWH

One of the articles I read said the screen writers were challenged with the large number of characters that could be included in this story (what if they included ALL of the drivers!) and that they had to narrow things down. So I was glad Rem had a part in the movie but I agree, that actor looked nothing like him and it would have been nice if they took just a minute or two to show how important he was to the success of these cars.

Chad

correct me if I am wrong but I did not think Phil had a mustache.

rhjanes

Quote from: Chad on December 11, 2019, 01:25:11 PM
correct me if I am wrong but I did not think Phil had a mustache.
Yeah, that also.  Quick search on Google Images and I don't see any where he sported a stache.
Pirating!  Corporate take-over without the paperwork