News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

eBay 67 GT350

Started by Hockeylife, December 09, 2019, 12:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigfoot

I bet that car would look great with some better photos.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Wonder if it is an original Aculpulco Blue? If so, should have ooutboards, correct?

6s2020

Nice 67, also nice Kawa Z1B and H2  8)

pbf777

Cool 900 Kaw.  Reminds of the KZ I had, it didn't like me, threw me off three times, sold it to a Brit., and off to England it went; replaced it with my Honda CB1100F, never dropped that one, and still have it!     ::)

Scott.

Quote from: Bigfoot on December 09, 2019, 12:42:05 PM
I bet that car would look great with some better photos.
.    Agreed.....How tough is it to frame a photo? Not rocket science IMHO....

Shelby_r_b

$175K - that's a spicy meatball! 
Nothing beats a classic!

JD

Quote from: 2112 on December 09, 2019, 12:51:07 PM
Wonder if it is an original Aculpulco Blue? If so, should have outboards, correct?

Yes, to date stats and checking says very doubtful any Acapulco Blue cars were completed as Inboard high-beam headlight cars as the color was introduced too late in the production year.

Also the color was a low production quantity about 144 cars IIRC.
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

BGlover67

Those valve cover quick release bolts and hoses are definitely stock.  :o

As my friend Michael says, 'he is asking ALL THE MONEY'
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Richstang

Quote from: JD on December 09, 2019, 03:52:29 PM
Wonder if it is an original Aculpulco Blue? If so, should have outboards, correct?

Yes, to date stats and checking says very doubtful any Acapulco Blue cars were completed as Inboard high-beam headlight cars as the color was introduced too late in the production year.

Also the color was a low production quantity about 144 cars IIRC.

Yea, I hate to admit it, but I don't believe any Acapulco cars had anything but outboards from SAI. Their earliest SAI completion dates start about two weeks too late.
:'(

145...we found another one!

1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

JD

Wonder if it is an original Aculpulco Blue? If so, should have ooutboards, correct?

Yes, the SA VIN and the SAAC registry lists it as so.
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Quote from: BGlover67 on December 09, 2019, 04:11:42 PM
Those valve cover quick release bolts and hoses are definitely stock.  :o

As my friend Michael says, 'he is asking ALL THE MONEY'

;D

Quote from: JD on December 09, 2019, 10:31:42 PM

Yes, the SA VIN and the SAAC registry lists it as so.

I missed the VIN first time I read through.

stangman39

Why make the starting bid and the BIN price the same?  That has never made sense to me. 

I agree...$175K and they couldn't do a better job with pics?  Come on!  Not one pic of the underside either.

What I also find funny is the end where they say provide bank info and a contact # and they will call to make sure you have the means to purchase.  I've worked in banking/investments/finance for almost 20 years and I don't know any legit bank/financial institution that is gonna take a call asking if "Johnny Shelby Buyer has $175K in their account to buy my car!?"   ::)

Maybe the price and auction is just a cheap way to attract interest.  I find it hard to believe people are blowing up his phone wanting to pay $175K.

67 GT350

Quote from: Shelby_r_b on December 09, 2019, 03:46:14 PM
$175K - that's a spicy meatball!

Overpriced one at that! Come on guys, old rotted tires, a car that has been sitting, (dried up seals), needing complete brake system replaced, suspension, engine freshened, trans, etc. because it has been sitting so long......and sitting. And Sitting!

I know I went through that with a 66 I got in 2014 that was sitting in a heated garage since 1975....nightmare!

Also, in case a few have not discovered this yet, BJ auctions don't reflect the real world as far as values. Neither does Ebay. Remember this is or was a hobby, and with falling prices, the hobby just might be saved.
RARE  Signature Delete

Kent

not more that 100k worth.
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68