Author Topic: eBay 67 GT350  (Read 5583 times)

Survivor

• View Profile
Re: eBay 67 GT350
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2019, 12:59:20 PM »
Well, a seller can ask whatever he wants-it has nothing to do with value.  In that respect, this seller has (or represents) that he has an emotional attachment to the car-so what, still doesn't equate to value.  If the listing is accurate, I would suggest it's value is all of 100 as she sits.  Problem is that you'll never buy it for that-so, it's a moot point.  The issue then becomes what you can buy it for plus the cost to "freshen" as previously noted.  If you're all in at or under 140 (i.e., a nice/original/correct driver quality 350 4 speed-restored or not), I'd say your safe-meaning, you have some equity in this market.  With this particular car, however, it's likely another moot point.  Which is why finding, buying and ending with up with the car I just described is somewhat of a challenge-in fact, nearly impossible.  But that's provided you give a hoot about how you spend your money in relation to value-imo. 

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2019, 01:18:54 PM »
One of the truly great marketing geniuses of the 21st century.

Check out his other auction.

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2019, 01:25:03 PM »

He’s in Spokane Washington.  Hey, that’s not you Michael (2112)?
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2019, 02:24:22 PM »

He’s in Spokane Washington.  Hey, that’s not you Michael (2112)?

I didn't even catch that. I know/knew most of the Ford gearheads but I don't recognize this car, then it again, it was holed up for a long time.

Remember, some sellers just have to have all the money no matter what.

rcgt350

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2019, 12:52:22 AM »
Shelby # 2364

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2019, 02:46:51 AM »
I guess the Registry can mark the car now as whereabouts now known.

1968GT350

• 604 300 2802
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2020, 07:49:33 PM »
I bet that car would look at lot better under 100K.

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2020, 10:30:51 PM »
Repaint, reproduction nose, grill and the stripes aren't correct just for starters. It's far from "unmolested". Like the 500 the idiots on Ebay from Streetside Classics have posted.
                                                                    -Keith

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-Ford-Mustang-Shelby-GT500/273950642817?hash=item3fc8bb1281:g:u7QAAOSwTyxdQat9

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2020, 06:49:14 AM »
Well, a seller can ask whatever he wants-it has nothing to do with value.

Agree 100 percent. This is the feeling everyone should have.

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2020, 07:15:49 AM »
Well, I have a dollar. I think I will sell it for two......  It makes no sense. There is a market value and the worst is so many make claims that are complete lies and conjecture. The listing I posted supports my position. Guess what? If you rebuilt the engine and it isn't as it was before being removed externally, then paint the car and make other changes it's not a survivor. There is a 67 500 that is lime gold in AZ that the owner claims belongs to royalty. The bullshit never ends and at the end of the day if you're an idiot and get your posterior handed to you, you deserve it. There is far too much information out there to get taken.
Pookie tactics are now condoned here to attempt to raise values?

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2020, 08:54:27 AM »
Considering all of the negative flack seemingly every seller gets, I think that I'd personally leave out details. I'd let everyone do their own investigation.

I've never seen so many opinionated "experts" on every Shelby out there.

Ultimately they all sound like a bunch or crybabies personally insulted that someone else is selling a car without their approval and consultation.

The worst is on the asking prices. Apparently it raises the fact that they tried to sell a car and they couldn't get any money of that kind so all they can do is throw rocks at the seller?

It's a very distasteful scene for so called enthusiasts.

Apparently it's true that "the people in the cheap seats boo the loudest?"  ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2020, 06:12:45 PM »
Well, Doug. My Shelby, the quality of work and pure love I put in the car doesn't make it value at what I invested time and dollar-wise. It certainly far exceeds the looks and quality of most cars I run across in person. You obviously are of similar opinion about obfuscation because of your confrontation of people like Pookie and the Steering Wheel Nazi. I am not opposed to fair market value, I am against lies, misinformation and pure exaggeration to inflate values and what it does to the market.
I have owned my car since 1982. I was 17 years old when I purchased the vehicle. Mommy and daddy didn't buy it. I worked and saved for it.
While many of you rally for and pay the prices we see at Barrett -Jackson, there are those of us who didn't jump on the Shelby bandwagon because of prestige and image but for the true love of the cars.  I never saw the market escalation coming. I actually drive my car at least twice a week when weather permits.
Tangible history is the only way to foster the love of people who are likeminded. If you can't see, smell and touch and object it's no more than a ton and a half dust collector. Getting the next generation involved will never happen with them sitting under a dark cover awaiting the light of day to roll under their own power.
The snotty behavior of some here is why I haven't made any real effort to attend a SAAC event in recent history and the usual leftist moderator of double standards who was making threats to remove me from the forum for no justifiable reason. 
You may not like the truth but many of you still vote for people who are hell-bent on the destruction of what we love. 
Politics absolutely factor into what we do here. I'm not here to win a popularity contest, nor do I expect everyone to like me.
I am, however transparent all day long and don't close a blind eye to the obvious.
We are either here to help each other or we are not. You might want to weigh your logic.
                                                                                       Good day Gentlemen.
                                                                                                            -Keith