News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

67 Shelby w/ AMFM radio

Started by shelbyhertz66, April 17, 2020, 03:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richstang

Quote from: Bob Gaines on June 26, 2020, 07:50:42 PM
I am not going to quibble about how recent or not a particular position I had was .Who cares,I don't. The one that matters is the current one. I don't think I ever said anything suggesting SA installed radio antennas like you imply because I have known for decades it was a dealer prep job.  If SA installed the radios  or had it contracted out like they did in 65 /66 Shelby production would be good to know for sure. Quite a few were installed in 65 and 66 cars and SA did not have a problem getting them to and from. The fact of the matter is that radios got installed other then just SJ. Regardless of who did it SJ,SA or outside contractor only mentioning one without the other gives a false perspective of what happened and how many got them. Now I respectfully suggest we stop beating this dead horse .

Bob,
For most people here, it wouldn't matter if and/or when they changed their position. However, I believe it actually does matter when a "concours judge" changes his position. Any change in position is usually important, especially to car owners who've previously had their cars judged based on your prior, different position. In my opinion, a change in position should be celebrated, not quietly mentioned so deep into a topic.

Ultimately what matters is that you did change your position. Shelby owners are better off because of it, and that is the purpose of these and other forum discussions.

I would suggest, that if you'd like to discuss further, the radio antennas and/or the original spot welds visible on the right of #0139's core support, that dedicated new topics are started.
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Richstang on June 27, 2020, 04:51:04 PM
Quote from: Bob Gaines on June 26, 2020, 07:50:42 PM
I am not going to quibble about how recent or not a particular position I had was .Who cares,I don't. The one that matters is the current one. I don't think I ever said anything suggesting SA installed radio antennas like you imply because I have known for decades it was a dealer prep job.  If SA installed the radios  or had it contracted out like they did in 65 /66 Shelby production would be good to know for sure. Quite a few were installed in 65 and 66 cars and SA did not have a problem getting them to and from. The fact of the matter is that radios got installed other then just SJ. Regardless of who did it SJ,SA or outside contractor only mentioning one without the other gives a false perspective of what happened and how many got them. Now I respectfully suggest we stop beating this dead horse .

Bob,
For most people here, it wouldn't matter if and/or when they changed their position. However, I believe it actually does matter when a "concours judge" changes his position. Any change in position is usually important, especially to car owners who've previously had their cars judged based on your prior, different position. In my opinion, a change in position should be celebrated, not quietly mentioned so deep into a topic.

Ultimately what matters is that you did change your position. Shelby owners are better off because of it, and that is the purpose of these and other forum discussions.

I would suggest, that if you'd like to discuss further, the radio antennas and/or the original spot welds visible on the right of #0139's core support, that dedicated new topics are started.
Rich , just give it a rest . Geez 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby