News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

New 2020 GT500 gets no respect

Started by FL SAAC, December 10, 2019, 12:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Side-Oilers

Back in the '90s, I got to be friends of one of the guys who travels around with, and handles logistics of, Ford's auto show vehicles. He told me that the wear to the driver-side seat and door hinge/handle during the course of the two-week Detroit (for example) auto show would be equivalent to more than ten years of heavy use. 

One season, they kept track of the amount of times the driver's door of a particular F-150 was opened, and it was something like 25,000 times per big auto show. With the vast number of spectators at the big shows, that made sense to me. Thus, they changed out the vehicles at each auto show, and sometimes even during a big show.

He told me: Don't ever buy a "super-low-mile auto show car."  The odometer may say 50 miles, but the driver's seat says 50,000.

He also said that people will steal everything that's not strongly secured.  Shift knobs and cigarette lighters are child's play compared to the missing control stalks, emblems, and various interior pieces. One guy was caught trying to leave the show with a spare tire.

No wonder that the expensive car makers lock their show cars...or don't bother to display at all.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

FL SAAC

1. It all makes sense now, spoiler is to be used as a step up.

2. Once up grab the hood grilles to propel you up.

3. Then slide down.....weeeee!
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert