News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

68 GT350 Power Brake Issue

Started by Corey Bowcutt, December 13, 2019, 10:29:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TXLakester

Original power disc mc bore from 67-70 was 1.0"

1967 eight barrel

Yes, it is 1.0" for Disc/drum cars.

Corey Bowcutt

I received my rebuilt booster and master cylinder and got them installed on the car yesterday.  I took it out for a test drive for the first time in 4 months.  Wow!!!  The breaks work great.  It wanted to throw me thru the windshield.  In that 4 months I also installed the rebuilt correct radiator, fan, fan shroud and hoses as well as a rebuilt correct steering box.  They all performed fantastic. 

Thank you to Jim Cowles for the terrific jib rebuilding the radiator, booster and master cylinder.

Side note, I bled the brakes using a Motive Products power bleeder and it work extremely well.  The easiest bleeding I have done.  I have used vacuum at the wheel cylinders before and the power bleeding was far easier for me.

Corey

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Glad to hear it's all work better. Road trip when all this is over? Maybe Classic Auto Mall?
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

Corey Bowcutt

Sounds great Steve.  My brother went there and said it was awesome.

corbins