Author Topic: vintage movie featuring SAI Cobras  (Read 334 times)

• View Profile
vintage movie featuring SAI Cobras
« on: February 26, 2018, 10:52:15 PM »
Riverside, Ken Miles, Allen Grant, Shelby Falcon, the opening 10 minutes is lots of race footage of Cobras with "studio" footage cut in.

• View Profile
Re: vintage movie featuring SAI Cobras
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 07:29:39 AM »
I remember someone attempting to interview Casavettes about what he knew about the Cobra and the reaction as I remember by him was something to the effect of, "Cobra, what's a Cobra? There were no snakes in the movie".

To be kind to many of the performers of any era, things like that were just stage props.

As a matter of fact I remember someone asking A.J.Foyt about the Mark IV that Ford gave him and he didn't want to talk about that, he wanted to talk about his record. It was as if he was saying, "the GT40? So what?"

Someone said the revenge was him selling the car for $30,000?

It's also documented that Lee Marvin had  a 68 KR convertible which he gave away to his gardener. He was never interviewed about that to my knowledge but I can't help but wonder how he even got the car to begin with? It certainly was never his "baby" unless you want to call it the "red headed foster child of the family"?

Garner was like that too about the cars.

I personally stay away from them all now. (Whoever that's left that is) Too many "bloody noses", and LOTS of them have/had full carry permits. Elvis shot his Pantera because it wouldn't start. What do you think he'd do to you?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 10:50:21 AM by shelbydoug »