Author Topic: Popular Ballot Car SHow for SAAC-45  (Read 8608 times)

ITHERTZ

• View Profile
    • Custom Show Boards
Re: Popular Ballot Car SHow for SAAC-45
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2020, 10:54:05 AM »
Yes, the method used had a safety built in. Each entrant had his voting tickets numbered with that same number as his entry number. When counting, we eliminated all duplicate numbered tickets in any envelope by throwing out all duplicates. A little more work in preparing materials and organizing, but the payoff worked.

If I recall, we did not have much "stuffing" this year. And the results seemed to come out fairly well on their own.

Thanks Dan, that makes sense! 

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2020, 12:04:06 PM »
Thanks for all the work you have done over the years Dan.  It's much appreciated.  I wasn't there last year.  However, I attend all sorts of local shows as both a spectator and entrant.  I've seen things that boggle the mind that owners do in an attempt to manipulate voting results so they can get a lousy trophy.  I've seen this at our own SAAC convention as well...people trading tickets with each other without even seeing the cars....Would anything prevent a trophy hunter from simply putting all 25 of his top 25 tickets into his own envelope?
I have never been a fan of voting at car shows. I've seen it all. Dan's way it appears is one of the best/better ones I have seen. I have always used a "display only" if possible at shows. Don't need trophies. Don't have room for trophies-well I do up in my attic with the other ones collecting dust. The way I see it is my car is a winner to me. I RESTORED it myself(sans outer paint/body work but did assy and stripes) and I'm proud of how it turned out out of a 2 car garage and love driving it for the last 17 years since I finished it. I don't need affirmation from a trophy.  Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

rkm

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2020, 09:38:07 AM »
What hotel guys?

Cobrask8

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2020, 10:30:01 AM »
As long as the convention is a go, we'll be asking for help again in running the car show. Help with registration at the showfield, parking, and vote counting.

Always much more fun to be involved!

rkm

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2020, 03:17:34 PM »
As usual the girls and myself are in.

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

• SAAC Member
  • “Drive it like you stole it”
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2020, 04:26:12 PM »
As long as the convention is a go, we'll be asking for help again in running the car show. Help with registration at the showfield, parking, and vote counting.

Always much more fun to be involved!
Volunteer, it helps make the convention run smoother and as that great attraction “Roadside America” says “Be Prepared to See More Than You Expect”
Volunteer and you get to meet everyone and get the “inside scoop” on what cars are there. Plus you get to meet the all the people
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎