News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Head to head track comparison: Ford GT500 vs Corvette C8

Started by CSX 4133, December 21, 2019, 04:10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aj

Will be interesting to watch the C8 go through puberty over next couple years.  I'd still take the snake though.

jk66gt350

I signed up to run a few cars at the M1 Concourse in Pontiac Michigan through Extreme Experiences on May 21.  Two of the three cars I chose are these two so it should be interesting to run each for three laps to see how they compare.  Should be fun.  I've never done one of these multi car track experiences before. 

Kent

for the performance in corners, braking, downforce etc the C8 should be the deal and if they bring it up with more hp than now the GT500 will loose. I dont like both, I would take my V12 Vantage and eat them both, and also a well tuned Focus RS will get them for the half price what they cost. I would always prefer my 67 GT500 also on the track they can perform very good for their age.
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

shelbymann1970

Quote from: jk66gt350 on December 25, 2019, 03:46:20 PM
I signed up to run a few cars at the M1 Concourse in Pontiac Michigan through Extreme Experiences on May 21.  Two of the three cars I chose are these two so it should be interesting to run each for three laps to see how they compare.  Should be fun.  I've never done one of these multi car track experiences before.
I did a Ferrari 458 Italia at the MIS  road course last fall through Extreme(fathers day gift from my kids).  It was fun. BTW I'd take the new Vette over the Gt500 and pocket the difference($$$). Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

FL SAAC

It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we will call the ZR 1 zone
.... game over !

The Vantage with mid 4 second 0-60 and mid twelve 1/4 mile times would not compete with either the new 500 or the current Vette. When the ZR1  arrives it will throttle the new 500, the current C8 and take the paint off the Vantage as it cruises by it...

Quote from: Kent on December 26, 2019, 03:12:31 AM
for the performance in corners, braking, downforce etc the C8 should be the deal and if they bring it up with more hp than now the GT500 will loose. I dont like both, I would take my V12 Vantage and eat them both, and also a well tuned Focus RS will get them for the half price what they cost. I would always prefer my 67 GT500 also on the track they can perform very good for their age.
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

98SVT - was 06GT

Apples and oranges. Lets see the 2 seat sports car beat the 4 seat grocery getter - so drag out the race car grocery to beat the pedestrian 2 seat sports car. Watch for a rematch where the Z06 Vette beats the fully tuned on race tires Mustang.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

FL SAAC

currently a Florida tuner has a new 500, rumor has it that it is pretty maxed out

or as we say say not to much juice left in that orange

but you never know who or what will happen next

exciting times we are living in

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on December 26, 2019, 11:24:02 PM
Apples and oranges. Lets see the 2 seat sports car beat the 4 seat grocery getter - so drag out the race car grocery to beat the pedestrian 2 seat sports car. Watch for a rematch where the Z06 Vette beats the fully tuned on race tires Mustang.

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

shelbymann1970

Regardless of whether you are a very jaded "bleed Ford blue" person or one that likes all performance cars you got to give GM Kudos for bringing out a mid engine sports car starting at 60K. Hell Ford couldn't even do that with the Ford GT 15 YEARS ago for double the price. Just saying.... Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

Coralsnake

The Prius, the Chyrsler K car and the Corvair were also "car of the year"

FL SAAC

In Miami we call it under the table money....it accomplished it purpose... prius, k crap, naders favourite...lmao

Quote from: Coralsnake on December 27, 2019, 09:06:20 AM
The Prius, the Chyrsler K car and the Corvair were also "car of the year"

I have all UNGOLD cars

csxsfm

The front engine C7.R could run with the racing Ford GT.  Corvette Racing will take the C8.R to a new level and much of it will transfer back to the C8 in "Z06" like options.  Good luck to the GT500 then.   

Tired Sheep

And remember "Chevrolet" is French. Just a matter of time before surrender