News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

NOS '67 trunk lid

Started by 2112, December 23, 2019, 02:41:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

No affiliation, just stumbled across this;

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-S7MS-Shelby-Mustang-GT500-GT350-Fiberglass-Trunk-Lid-NOS-With-Ford-NOS-Box/274158958878?hash=item3fd525b91e:g:yroAAOSwXiVd7a2c

This listing is for a NOS OEM Ford Part in the original box described as a fiberglass trunk lid manufactured for a 1967 Shelby Mustang GT 350 or GT 500 fastback application. It comes with the original box as marked for Ford identification purposes with part number S7MS 6340110-A. The S7MS denotes a 67 Shelby part. This trunk lid is the all fiberglass version unlike the very earliest produced 67 versions that had a steel frame. This all fiberglass trunk lid is absolutely correct for all early to end of 67 produced Shelby versions. This trunk lid is not correct for the 68 Shelby versions. The condition is "as is" in the box and the part has some very small and typical factory nips (not cracks) at the two gelled corners that can be easily corrected with a minimal fiberglass-gel fix. Please see the good quality photographs for these areas. There are no apparent cracks or warp-age to the fiberglass body. The bolt thread socket mounts are fixed and solid. If you are restoring an original 67 Shelby worth six figures and have a need for a unmolested NOS part that will properly fit and not star-crack, bow-up or distort as the re-pops do over time, then here is your chance. I do not test fit NOS auto parts, so I do not guarantee a perfect fit of this item. Finding used originals on Ebay is difficult and most are commonly found in rough shape with the gel coat damaged or sanded through. Currently listed is an early used 67 Shelby trunk lid in very rough shape for around $1900, so don't snooze and loose. Shipping will be by UPS and it is free of charge to the buyer! I use a professional package and mail center to ship. The part will be shipped in a new thick wall box that has the part and original box both inside. I can not guarantee that the item is delivered to the buyer by the shipper according to any delivery schedule as provided by Ebay in the listing. Since this item is valuable and fragile, I would recommend that this item be insured for any potential damage or loss by the shipper. If insurance is requested by the buyer, then the buyer will pay for the cost of insurance with PayPal only. I accept EBay payments with PayPal only and I expect full payment within 48 hours of close of the listing. I absolutely do not ship to mail box numbers anywhere. I absolutely do not sell to anyone or locations outside of continental North American United States. I absolutely do not accept returns or re-fund buyers-bidders, so be absolutely sure of what this automotive part fits, it's application and it's condition

Bob Gaines

I love these auctions that require you to pay extra for insurance . FYI If you don't get a item you won on ebay auction or it comes to you different then the way it is portrayed in the auction (damaged) it is on the seller. You must file a claim through ebay which assures that the seller plays by the rules. If file a claim with ebay that you didn't get it and unless the seller can prove you did then ebay takes funds from sellers paypal account or from their credit card on file . Some buyers abuse this part so as a seller it is prudent to ship in a fashion that has tracking to confirm delivery . If item arrives damaged you may have to prove with pictures that it is different then pictures in auction. Ebay is very consumer oriented and all things being equal typically side with buyer. The seller has to pay freight back in case of damage . This is based on experience of being on both ends of the transaction.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

shelby1817

I also have a 1967 NOS in the box all fiberglass trunk lid, correct nomenclature is (panel assembly luggage compartment) dated 11/29/1968 mine is red oxide and not black. I also have the end caps in boxes and these are primer gray ... I was the first to open the boxes. I  found it odd that this one is black  I attached several pic's to show...

Bob Gaines

I have also seen NOS trunklids in the gray primer.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

1967 eight barrel

Ebay screws sellers as well. I had a recent incident in which the buyer swapped contents of a damaged item that was different. Even the box wasn't the same. Ebay refused to even use the pictures as a comparison of what had been returned as proof of such claiming I could take pictures of another. Being it was from the 60's and not available that would be slightly difficult.  Caveat Venditor!
                                                                                        -Keith