News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1968 Shelby GT500 Convertible Auction GAA in NC

Started by BGlover67, December 25, 2019, 10:11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGlover67

To be auctioned off at the GAA auction coming up at the end of Feb.  Interestingly, this is the car I checked out about almost 4 years ago in Raleigh.  The seller told me he wouldn't take anything less than $175,000.  :o
I'm guessing there is a good chance he might be dead at this point, RIP.  here are pics I took years ago.  One repaint in the '90's, and the complete underside painted black with a rattle can. 

https://imageshack.com/a/SKuM/1

https://www.gaaclassiccars.com/vehicles/29315/1968-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500

Part of the Davis Collection - Phase III

VEHICLE HIGHLIGHTS

Part of the Davis Collection - Phase III  Convertible  428 Cobra jet   42K Actual Miles   Sold New in Raleigh, NC    Been in NC Since New    Just Purchased From the Owner Who Owned Car For 41 Years   One Outside Repaint in 1990     Original Sheet Metal   Loaded with Options Including Factory A/C      Power Steering      Power Brakes    Tilt Wheel     AM/FM      Factory Tach      10 Spoke Wheels        Power Top      Remote Mirror

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Was it Mr. Davis who had it when you looked at it?

Is Mr. Davis famous?

Coralsnake

1969shelbygt350

Coralsnake

Not if a major drivetrain component has been replaced

It also says 428 Cobra Jet, which would be incorrect

Coralsnake

Actually in Brian's pictures it does show an automatic transmission. My apologies

BGlover67

The guy I met owned a junk yard and he wasn't named Davis. 
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Coralsnake

I would estimate the value in the $110-120k range.

TOBKOB

QuotePookie's Pick n' Pull?

The home of "Gently Used" NOS parts... ::)

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

Chris Thauberger

Quote from: Coralsnake on December 26, 2019, 05:51:30 PM
I would estimate the value in the $110-120k range.

That's generous, must be Christmas.
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

shelbydoug

Trying to put a price on it is silly. If you want it, you need to pay enough to get it.

There are few people that have data sheets on sales results that will prove anything. Even if you have some sales data, the variables effecting sales price can be considerable.

It's worth what you can get for it on the day you decide to sell it.

Start a pool on what you think it will sell for like the Bullet car. Maybe there will be a 14 year old lottery winner in the crowd at the auction?

The most likely answer is that it will bring much more then it sold for new in '68.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Coralsnake

Christmas is over Chris...🙂

Well, you are correct Doug. When you put a price, like say $175k, that is silly. As the owner of the car you can put any price you want on it. You can also go to your grave waiting.

The value I put on it is realistic, it could be more or less. Just an educated guess, no spreadsheets.

427heaven

I agree with you on this one Doug... For starters he is not asking any ones opinion of what they think it is worth. There are a few on here that have an incessant desire to share their opinions of what someone should sell their stuff for. Then when the table is turned they are completely offended when people make comments about them and their stuff. The other thing that gets asked regularly is when someone is looking for an item... What is your budget? People will be interested if the right car or part comes along ;) No one is asking their fellow SHELBY ENTHUSIASTS to be their personal banker for automotive purchases.

Tired Sheep

Who is "he"?

The car is up for auction.

Its okay to share your opinion on Bullitt, but not a GT500 at an auction?

Please explain the difference.