News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Moss green "67" GT500 at Barrett Jackson Scottsdale

Started by 68krrrr, December 29, 2019, 02:10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: Hockeylife on December 29, 2019, 02:31:04 PMAnyone still surprised at BJ's decscription?
They print the story they are given. I'm sure if you read the fine print in their catalog and or bidding/sales documents there is a clause that all claims are made by the seller and BJ accepts no liability as to accuracy. Otherwise they would get sued on most cars they sell.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Shelby_r_b

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on January 04, 2020, 01:11:47 AM
Quote from: Hockeylife on December 29, 2019, 02:31:04 PMAnyone still surprised at BJ's decscription?
They print the story they are given. I'm sure if you read the fine print in their catalog and or bidding/sales documents there is a clause that all claims are made by the seller and BJ accepts no liability as to accuracy. Otherwise they would get sued on most cars they sell.

+1
Nothing beats a classic!

QuickSilverShelby

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on January 04, 2020, 01:11:47 AM
That's why I find it hard to understand the allure of buying an expensive car at auction.  You're potentially up against a seller submitting a bunch of bullshit about the car or you are up against reserves and bidding against shill bidders or you could be bidding against the house so that they can run up the bid in order to meet a reserve.

There are many pitfalls about buying at auction and it's not for the faint of heart.

I realize there are upsides to buying at auction but I would never make an expensive purchase at auction unless I had an in depth knowledge of the car, owner and history if I was interested in purchasing said car.

As they say "buyer beware".

QSS
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

1967 eight barrel

Quote from: SBCARGUY on January 03, 2020, 03:00:10 PM
Quote from: 1967 eight barrel on January 03, 2020, 01:23:19 AM
I am from CA. I left after 36 years. There were no actual mileage titles on anything 35 years or older. Post the event of mandatory inspection/smog they may be available for some vehicles.

I was born in California and have lived in California for 45 years... AND YES I have actual mileage titles on most of my old cars... All depends on your documentation and your "help at dmv"
I won't bother elaborating being I was med retired from the CHP thanks to a drunk illegal with two priors. If you want me to explain fact to you, feel free to PM me.
                                                                                     -Keith

Hockeylife

Quote from: 68krrrr on December 29, 2019, 02:10:25 PM
Love the options on this one but what do you think about the description "mostly original body & drivetrain parts  " & "title exempt" i looked it up in "97" registry & it says it was raced with a 427 but ad claims original motor any other info out there on this one thanks.

Lot #1427 - Beautiful, original 1967 Shelby GT500. This car is equipped with mostly original body and drivetrain parts with minimal touchup to the paint. Still retaining its original 428ci Police Interceptor engine, 4-speed transmission and Traction-Lok rear end. Amazingly, this car only has less than 30,000 original miles (title reads exempt), as verified by the SAAC. Owned by the previous owner for over 22 years and the current owner for 9 years, it has been well-kept in climate-controlled warehouses for the past 31 years. One of 64 produced in this paint and trim package. The original Shelby Owner's Manual and a Marti Report is included to document this magnificent car, which is listed in the Shelby American World Registry.

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1967-SHELBY-GT500-237768

New description with not so subtle changes:

Lot #1427 - Beautiful, original 1967 Shelby GT500. It's powered by a 428ci V8 Police Interceptor engine paired with a matching-numbers 4-speed manual transmission and Traction-Lok rear end. Amazingly, this car only has less than 30,000 original miles (title reads exempt), as verified by the SAAC. Owned by the previous owner for over 22 years and the current owner for 9 years, it has been well-kept in climate-controlled warehouses for the past 31 years. One of 64 produced in this paint and trim package. The original Shelby Owner's Manual and a Marti Report is included to document this magnificent car, which is listed in the Shelby American World Registry.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Hockeylife on January 12, 2020, 12:59:27 PM
Quote from: 68krrrr on December 29, 2019, 02:10:25 PM
Love the options on this one but what do you think about the description "mostly original body & drivetrain parts  " & "title exempt" i looked it up in "97" registry & it says it was raced with a 427 but ad claims original motor any other info out there on this one thanks.

Lot #1427 - Beautiful, original 1967 Shelby GT500. This car is equipped with mostly original body and drivetrain parts with minimal touchup to the paint. Still retaining its original 428ci Police Interceptor engine, 4-speed transmission and Traction-Lok rear end. Amazingly, this car only has less than 30,000 original miles (title reads exempt), as verified by the SAAC. Owned by the previous owner for over 22 years and the current owner for 9 years, it has been well-kept in climate-controlled warehouses for the past 31 years. One of 64 produce ;)d in this paint and trim package. The original Shelby Owner's Manual and a Marti Report is included to document this magnificent car, which is listed in the Shelby American World Registry.

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1967-SHELBY-GT500-237768

New description with not so subtle changes:

Lot #1427 - Beautiful, original 1967 Shelby GT500. It's powered by a 428ci V8 Police Interceptor engine paired with a matching-numbers 4-speed manual transmission and Traction-Lok rear end. Amazingly, this car only has less than 30,000 original miles (title reads exempt), as verified by the SAAC. Owned by the previous owner for over 22 years and the current owner for 9 years, it has been well-kept in climate-controlled warehouses for the past 31 years. One of 64 produced in this paint and trim package. The original Shelby Owner's Manual and a Marti Report is included to document this magnificent car, which is listed in the Shelby American World Registry.
FYI one of the BJ Ford car scrutineers for the auction company regularly visits this forum . I imagine anything about BJ gets his attention. ;)
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Special Ed

GM ford and mopar inspectors have been busy all week inspecting cars as they come in at BJ.

ITHERTZ

[/quote]FYI one of the BJ Ford car scrutineers for the auction company regularly visits this forum . I imagine anything about BJ gets his attention. ;)
[/quote]

What exactly does a BJ Ford car scrutinizer for the auction company do and who does he work for?

427heaven

(They) keep their eyes and ears open, and report to CRAIG directly!

Bob Gaines

Quote from: ITHERTZ on January 12, 2020, 06:33:03 PM

FYI one of the BJ Ford car scrutineers for the auction company regularly visits this forum . I imagine anything about BJ gets his attention. ;)
[/quote]

What exactly does a BJ Ford car scrutinizer for the auction company do and who does he work for?
[/quote]They inspect cars for vin issues , rebodies,accuracy of descriptions etc. as far as I am aware. There may be other responsibilities. They work for BJ company. BJ doesn't want to have any problems with buyers after the fact would my take. I have heard of some upset sellers when they found out that their car would not pass scrutiny  .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

68krrrr

Thats a good thing at least there actually checking the cars a little bit.
Current
1967 GT500 #1724
Nightmist Blue /Parchment
2005 Ford Gt Midnight blue
Porsche 911 Turbo 2007 Highly modified
1934 Ford Chopped & channeled

Previously owned
1968 GT500KR #03528 Lime green
1968 GT/CS

"Fly low & avoid the radar"
Thanks Adam

1967 eight barrel

What a mess.  Non-Ford radiator, single sheave alternator, incorrect power steering pump to head spacer, power steering pulley....
Just the items noted with a quick visual inspection.
                                                           -Keith

68krrrr

Hammered at $190k it was a nice looking car I went in up to $180k
Current
1967 GT500 #1724
Nightmist Blue /Parchment
2005 Ford Gt Midnight blue
Porsche 911 Turbo 2007 Highly modified
1934 Ford Chopped & channeled

Previously owned
1968 GT500KR #03528 Lime green
1968 GT/CS

"Fly low & avoid the radar"
Thanks Adam

terlingua11

SFM6S1904
88 Saleen 19R

sfm5s081

I guess it's on par with the restored one at RM that sold for $200 hammer. I prefer the original ones