News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1967 GT500 Sand Cast Air Cleaner Lid - Original or Reproduction?

Started by nightmist67, December 30, 2019, 09:46:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbydoug

I think I sold the sandcast top? Should have saved it just for times like this. Pretty sure the R was the same though. It was heavier.

I may have a picture? Maybe. Must keep Professor Gaines happy.

68 GT350 Lives Matter!

nightmist67

My sand cast lid has the straight leg "R" and a 3/16" space between the base of that leg and the base of the "A".

Bob Gaines

Quote from: nightmist67 on January 01, 2020, 10:20:46 AM
My sand cast lid has the straight leg "R" and a 3/16" space between the base of that leg and the base of the "A".
I would suggest you post a picture also.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

nightmist67

Bob Gaines -

I tried posting photos on the website, but I was unsuccessful.  I sent you a separate PM with photos.  Thanks for the response that, in your opinion, it is likely an original sand cast lid.

68krrrr

On the sand cast finish where any of the fins or edges  polished like on the valve covers ?
Current
1967 GT500 #1724
Nightmist Blue /Parchment
2005 Ford Gt Midnight blue
Porsche 911 Turbo 2007 Highly modified
1934 Ford Chopped & channeled

Previously owned
1968 GT500KR #03528 Lime green
1968 GT/CS

"Fly low & avoid the radar"
Thanks Adam

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 68krrrr on September 01, 2020, 11:15:55 AM
On the sand cast finish where any of the fins or edges  polished like on the valve covers ?
Yes , The sand cast lids were done just like the sand cast valve covers. FYI assemblyline was not a mirror finish polish on the fins. I see many that are over restored.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

68krrrr

Ok thanks again Bob & gotcha on the over polished part ,i saw that comment on the valve covers  thread & just to be clear on the lid are the fins ,raised edges & the cobra all polished or just the fins & on the base is anything polished at all.
Current
1967 GT500 #1724
Nightmist Blue /Parchment
2005 Ford Gt Midnight blue
Porsche 911 Turbo 2007 Highly modified
1934 Ford Chopped & channeled

Previously owned
1968 GT500KR #03528 Lime green
1968 GT/CS

"Fly low & avoid the radar"
Thanks Adam

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 68krrrr on September 01, 2020, 02:05:54 PM
Ok thanks again Bob & gotcha on the over polished part ,i saw that comment on the valve covers  thread & just to be clear on the lid are the fins ,raised edges & the cobra all polished or just the fins & on the base is anything polished at all.
Raised edges of Cobra and side edges are polished.Nothing is polished on the base.

TA Coupe

Approximately what are the different tops and bottoms worth?

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.