News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Explorinv retirement locations

Started by Doug B, December 31, 2019, 11:49:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CSX 4133

Adding to 67 GT350's post, Tennessee doesn't have a State income tax and their Haul Tax (tax on dividend income) goes away in 2021 entirely. Kiplinger rated Tennessee as the 5th best place nationally for retirees.

Doug B

Thanks all. Great suggestions and considerations.

Doug
69 Shelby GT350 #0170 Fastback 4spd non-A/C
07 Shelby GT500 #4022

Shelby73

Come to the foothills of NC. I'm in Hickory it has everything with a river big enough for any size boat. 1 hour to Asheville, 1 hour to Charlotte, 1 hour to Blowing Rock and Boone, 4 hours to the coast of Parts of NC and SC coast. 45 minutes to Mooresville (Lake Norman). All 4 seasons max 2 snows a year and there gone in 2 days. Bring a mower, weed eater, and something to kill the weeds anything that's green grows like hell here.
67 Cobra CSX3251  65 K-code Conv
65 5S073.               65 A-code fastback
66 6S304.                67 390 GTA Conv.
66 Hertz 6S1863.      67 Playboy Coupe
68 KR Conv. 2529.     70 Mach1
07 Shelby Hertz Conv. 69 Z/28
66 MK1A Tiger.            66 Vette coupe
13 GT500                   
69 Boss 429

69mach351w

You can trade places with me here in Asheville. I've been here all my life (57yrs), and this place has turned into a HELL TOWN!!! 

I would go on, but some may say I'm racist!!  Quiet the opposite, it's just........

Silence Now..................

Shelby73

I know what you mean North Carolina's San Francisco, nice place to visit but not the same town it used to be. The good thing is NC has plenty of Mountain towns there's more places to settle than Asheville.
67 Cobra CSX3251  65 K-code Conv
65 5S073.               65 A-code fastback
66 6S304.                67 390 GTA Conv.
66 Hertz 6S1863.      67 Playboy Coupe
68 KR Conv. 2529.     70 Mach1
07 Shelby Hertz Conv. 69 Z/28
66 MK1A Tiger.            66 Vette coupe
13 GT500                   
69 Boss 429

1967 eight barrel

I wasn't aware that they tried to steal your retirement AKA Social Security and Pensions.  I was stationed at Bragg aka Fayettenam. It was reasonable to live there in the 80's.
As for TN, I couldn't dead-head home and had to drive Christmas day from KBNA/ Nashville.  I stayed the night in Union City and went to Dixie Gun Works on the way in.
It's on the list of possibilities.
                                                                            -Keith

67 GT350

Quote from: 69mach351w on January 01, 2020, 10:00:47 PM
You can trade places with me here in Asheville. I've been here all my life (57yrs), and this place has turned into a HELL TOWN!!! 

I would go on, but some may say I'm racist!!  Quiet the opposite, it's just........

Silence Now..................

I have heard many say that about Asheville, so sad to hear the cancer is invading great areas. Remember guys and gals, if we loose Texas, it is over! We are moving to Knoxville and I am hearing that that city is just starting to go that way also, but it is far off and there is many of us in the outskirts, so I think its good still.
RARE  Signature Delete

shelbymann1970

funny on the Liberal tax bashing. I live in Mi where the Conservatives have been taxing the hell out of us and giving it to businesses. Thanks to Conservatives my pension will now be taxed in Mi(2011). My 5 late model cars got an increase of 20 percent on their registrations. On another note our catastrophic insurance we have now(220 per car=1100 for me a year) goes away which didn't happen under a Republican gov with  Republican controlled legislature. Our new Democratic gov got it done with our legislature. Oh, did I mention our high gas taxes that were put forth by the Republicans? Maybe other states it is the opposite but I have been living the "CON" dream for years now in Mi... Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

Forum Guide

Ok to talk about the weather, quality of life, and even availability of race gas....

...but keep politics OUT of this thread.

Thanks

Coralsnake

67 GT350

Isn't talking about some things you don't want to just avoiding the issue? A place to retire to, sorry to say, involves EVERYTHING INCLUDING SUBJECTS YOU DON'T WANT TO HEAR! Please get over your fears of the truth.
RARE  Signature Delete

Coralsnake

Cleaning house is long overdue. I have been begging for adult supervision for two years. If you wonder why SAAC forum 2.0 is different, thats why.

Here are some options for those who dont want to talk about Shelbys...

http://www.city-data.com/forum/retirement/

http://www.politicalforum.com/index.php

https://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/forums/political-discussions-freemichigan-com.76/

https://forum.veritashealth.com

Im sure these people would love your insights

FL SAAC

Most excellent choices Carolinas and Georgia

Good luck on your move!
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

camp upshur

HEAR HEAR! Coralsnake!!
This is a car forum, let's keep it as that.
Most of us have ridiculous political opinions anyway, let those who want to vent their spleens go to political forums and fight endless fights there.

California is beautiful,I recommend it.