News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

5S260 at car show this morning

Started by Dkutz, January 05, 2020, 02:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dkutz

Well maybe.  Repop tag, and LOTS unShelby like.

BGlover67

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

J_Speegle

Quote from: BGlover67 on January 05, 2020, 02:08:20 PM
Those rims aren't stock? :o

Ya sure .... Along with the rocker molding  ::)

A car identified as 5S260 was at one of the Scottsdale auctions back a couple of years ago. Didn't see it in person

A couple of pictures from the advertisement

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

chris NOS

if i would see the car , i would try talk to the owner and try to make him understand how it's wrong to put a fake shelby tag on a mustang when the real 5S260 is existing in USA ...

S7MS427

Speaking of VIN tags not matching the car they are attached to there is this story.  There is an owner of a '67 G.T.500 clone/tribute/recreation here in southeastern PA.  When he showed up at a car show, I went over to take a look at it.  I inspected the Shelby VIN tag and discovered that the the number ended in 03226.  When I called the owner on it, he was amazed that I had noticed and told me that I was the first person in 13 years to notice.  He wanted to know how I knew that there were only 3225 built.  I told him that you do learn a few things after owning one for over 40years.  Aside from the fact that this guy had parked with the original Shelbys there are a couple of other things going on here, two of which are fraud and violation of federal law by altering a vehicle's VIN.
Roy Simkins
http://www.s-techent.com/Shelby.htm
1966 G.T.350H SFM6S817
1967 G.T.500 67400F7A03040