News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Found 68GT500KR need help

Started by RickN427, January 05, 2020, 03:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

We wish we knew why you are such a bitter person. Guess you are born that way.

May God have mercy on you

Quote from: Chris Thauberger on January 13, 2020, 03:19:16 PM
Quote from: 69mach351w on January 13, 2020, 12:58:00 PM
Quote from: FL SAAC TONY on January 05, 2020, 08:24:48 PM
Let me leave you with these two Chinese proverbs;

1) A picture is worth a thousands words ( I have two for you )

2) 1968 more Ford than Shelby

"Haoyun"
On the first photo where it sold for 132k, where are the letters"GT" on the front fender stripes ???

Don't start asking hard questions, just be happy he can cut and paste  ;)
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Chris Thauberger

Well that's about what you can expect from mr simon (tony), if you don't know just say so. There's no shame in not knowing.

Now lets stay on topic.

69mach351w, I don't know why the 'GT' is missing from the rocker stripe.

Do you suppose that had something to do with the low selling price?

I wonder what else was missing for this particular KR vert to sell at such a low price?

Heck, maybe it's not even a Shelby. Might be a clone. Would be a high price for a clone.

I would expect if this was a 4 speed the price would be well north of 135,000.00 even with the 10 spokes.

JMHO
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

FL SAAC

Its half time and what a game !

How you doing sour puss?

I even even heard at the auction someone suggests that the 68 Shelbys should be renamed 68 Shemans

Why ?

Because the 68 Shelbys like yours tanked at Mecum with the exception of a select few.

Stop high jacking this thread, this guy just want an opinion on a vehicle he found.

Hasta manana senorita tank !

Quote from: Chris Thauberger on January 13, 2020, 09:27:10 PM
Well that's about what you can expect from mr simon (tony), if you don't know just say so. There's no shame in not knowing.

Now lets stay on topic.

69mach351w, I don't know why the 'GT' is missing from the rocker stripe.

Do you suppose that had something to do with the low selling price?

I wonder what else was missing for this particular KR vert to sell at such a low price?

Heck, maybe it's nor even a Shelby. Might be a clone. Would be a high price for a clone.

I would expect if this was a 4 speed the price would be well north of 135,000.00 even with the 10 spokes.

JMHO

I have all UNGOLD cars

RickN427

Yes, that is indeed all I wanted to do. As a newbie and certainly no expert on Mustangs let alone Shelby's I just needed some advice and not a bunch of unrelated bickering. Thanks to those that helped but let's move on and stop this. We are grown ups, let's start acting like some.

FL SAAC

+1

good luck on your venture

Quote from: RickN427 on January 13, 2020, 10:53:17 PM
Yes, that is indeed all I wanted to do. As a newbie and certainly no expert on Mustangs let alone Shelby's I just needed some advice and not a bunch of unrelated bickering. Thanks to those that helped but let's move on and stop this. We are grown ups, let's start acting like some.

I have all UNGOLD cars

TOBKOB

QuoteYes, that is indeed all I wanted to do. As a newbie and certainly no expert on Mustangs let alone Shelby's I just needed some advice and not a bunch of unrelated bickering. Thanks to those that helped but let's move on and stop this. We are grown ups, let's start acting like some.

And we wonder why the hobby is slowing dying. Too many peeing contest and replys just to try to up our count. JMHO  :(

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

FL SAAC

No, that is not the correct answer

"You can't sell an old man's car to a young man" is true for a reason. Buyers tend to get vintage cars they lusted after as kids—so Volkswagen Golfs and Buick GNs are popular again, 30 or 40 years on. Conversely, the Midel T or 1968 Lincoln Continental your dad kept parked in the garage for years may not be as appealing. The times they are changing ...

Quote from: TOBKOB on January 14, 2020, 08:51:05 AM
QuoteYes, that is indeed all I wanted to do. As a newbie and certainly no expert on Mustangs let alone Shelby's I just needed some advice and not a bunch of unrelated bickering. Thanks to those that helped but let's move on and stop this. We are grown ups, let's start acting like some.

And we wonder why the hobby is slowing dying. Too many peeing contest and replys just to try to up our count. JMHO  :(

TOB

I have all UNGOLD cars

Chris Thauberger

Good talk Rick.

Glad you see what's going on...

PM me with any further questions as the static gets heavy on the forum at times  ;)
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

TOBKOB

QuoteNo, that is not the correct answer

::)

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

Coralsnake

Dont be influenced by the trolls. The pendulum will swing back.

Some older reproduction stripe kits sometimes omitted the "GT". No big deal. Its amazing how people think a bad stripe job automatically means question the authenticity of the car.