Author Topic: New early '67 GT350 acquisition  (Read 8576 times)

gt350cs

• View Profile
Re: New early '67 GT350 acquisition
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2020, 09:22:29 AM »
Congratulations, so happy for you with the new addition.

CharlesTurner

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2020, 09:29:45 AM »
Congrats!
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

markboss

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2020, 09:35:34 AM »
Saw this car many years ago, Looks like it's still nice!

JJH

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2020, 11:30:04 AM »
Best of luck with her Brian!
SAAC member since 1981

George Schalk

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2020, 11:44:10 AM »
Congratulations!!  Enjoy the heck out of it!

mark p

• SAAC Member
  • south NJ - Philly 'burbs
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2020, 12:32:01 PM »
Woo-hoo!
Congrats  :)
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

sfm6s1506

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2020, 04:09:10 PM »
I’m jealous 👍👍. Great addition

rmarble57

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2020, 05:40:16 PM »
Giddyup!

Meet the identical Twin #23!

I acquired mine to enjoy by driving on a fairly regular basis and have made a few mods to make it enjoyable, but keeping it as close to original as possible.  Keep as many of the original parts as possible as you work through the resurrection of the car. 

rmarble57

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2020, 05:41:16 PM »
Webers on a '67!   Just about says it all.

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2020, 09:06:21 PM »
Giddyup!

Meet the identical Twin #23!

I acquired mine to enjoy by driving on a fairly regular basis and have made a few mods to make it enjoyable, but keeping it as close to original as possible.  Keep as many of the original parts as possible as you work through the resurrection of the car.

I know your car well, JD and I looked it over at Tom Cotter's party a few years ago when Big D still owned it.  It's a great car, I even helped put Staci (Big D's brother) and Vern together:

https://imageshack.com/a/vx0o/1

As for keeping as many original parts as possible, that's great advice, and It's why I purchased the car in the first place.  That and the price.  ;)

Enjoy!
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

68GT350roadracer

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2020, 07:56:30 AM »
Congratulations, Besides the 65Rs, 67 GT350s are my favorite.

T-Bone68

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2020, 09:02:20 AM »
Great pictures!  Beautiful car Brian!  Congrats :)

rmarble57

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2020, 11:11:04 AM »
Brian,
Thanks so much for the pictures of #23.  I had a couple of those, but am very happy to have the rest. 

I had put the word out that I was wanting a '67 350 and searched and looked at several cars.  I came upon Vern and worked with him while he secured the car from Staci and I'm very glad that I waited.  While the car was very nicely done, there were quite a few items that needed addressing and with the help of SAAC members I've been able to turn the car into a very nice, dependable car that I can enjoy.

As you know, the car had a '68 tilt column in it to make room for a larger person.  I sourced a date coded '67 steering box and column and had the box rebuilt and now have it installed.  Because of the '68 column, the brake lights, turn signals and horn didn't work and now have that all sorted.  The first problem I encountered was with the original shifter where when you put it in reverse, it would also drag the 1-2 linkage with it and lock it between reverse and 2nd.  That happened taking it off the trailer after dragging it home from Vern's.  The brakes were the next biggest problem with the distribution block and the proportioning valve in the back were both plugged up and in bad shape and that is now resolved as well.  Having a car that has all of the original early parts and sheet metal etc was way more important to me than having to deal with the issues above and I am very happy to own the car.

With the documentation that came with the car, I have a lot of history up to about the year 2000 and the restoration that took place at that time, but it apparently went through a 2nd paint and restoration before Bid D got the car and I have no information at all on that one including who did the work etc and would appreciate anyone that does know about that to please pass it along.

Just as an aside, I still have the "Sound of the Cobra" record that came in my AMT model of the '67 Shelby that I built as a kid.

Again, congratulations on #29.

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2020, 12:35:57 PM »
Yes, Big D was quite a big guy, both in personality and in girth!  It is a wonderful car, and I'm really glad you own it.  I know Vern treated you right with that one. 

A quick plug for Vern Estes, one of the very few, honest used car salesman I've ever met.  Anyone in the market for a Shelby/Ford/ Cool car, would be smart to contact him.

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Henry G

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2020, 07:55:49 PM »
Welcome back to the red light district!

Henry//