Author Topic: And this is why people will choose the new Corvette C8 over the new GT500  (Read 17059 times)

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Live and in color,  you want to buy a new 2020 GT500....LMAO !

Hence this is why the C8 is sold out
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
Complaining about this is the same as NYC Mayor Bill De Blasio complaining about $30 pizza pies on New Year's Eve.  Supply and Demand!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1hCizarsKw
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Bigfoot

• Forum 1.0 posts: 8815
    • View Profile
Just like the 350R it only took a short while before peeps could get them at sticker.
The Corvette is lame.
Does it come with Leppard print underwear?
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Biggie, fess up you know those GT350 / GT350 Rs are obsolete and stale

You betcha the new C8 is lame...so lame they sold out

Just like the 350R it only took a short while before peeps could get them at sticker.
The Corvette is lame.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 10:16:36 PM by FL SAAC TONY »

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
All I got to say is .... yup !

Complaining about this is the same as NYC Mayor Bill De Blasio complaining about $30 pizza pies on New Year's Eve.  Supply and Demand!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1hCizarsKw

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
this has to be a joke,  did you see who wrote this article?

cameron vanderhorst....we met his twin brother, camaro vanderhost ....

amassed an impressive and diverse collection of vehicles comprised of a mustang II, 1996 cobra....

In addition to writing about cars and wrenching on them in his spare time, he enjoys playing music (drums and ukulele), building model cars, and tending to his chickens.

This sucker, I mean gentleman is definitely a candidate for the new GT500 and the $30 pizzas...

ROFLMAO !!!

https://www.corvetteforum.com/articles/update-chevrolet-says-the-2020-corvette-is-not-sold-out/
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 10:31:45 PM by FL SAAC TONY »

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

Bigfoot

• Forum 1.0 posts: 8815
    • View Profile
Tony

The 350R is a real track beast that can also function as grocery getter without looking rediculous,...ie like the vette.
BTW,....I like Chevrolet vehicles as I own Kiwis 71 pickup, a 67 RS/SS convertible, a 55 Bel Air ,...and an LS6 Chevelle (3 owner car).
And I’m no Corvette hater.

Enough said.
Enjoy the weather.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

s2ms

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • 6S1757 Info

There will always be something newer and faster.

However, shifting a flat plane crank VooDoo at 8,000+ RPM will never be obsolete or stale, quite the opposite IMO...
Dave - 6S1757

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
I would not buy either. MSRP or even at invoice.

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: And this is why people will choose the new Corvette C8 over the new GT500
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2020, 07:02:40 AM »

A few I have talked to on FB on my Gt350 page have said they or their relatives  have ordered new 2020 Vettes for sticker. 50-75K over sticker on a GT500? Well while I would never buy one even at sticker the MSRP on a GT500 is just that; Man SUGGESTED retail price. They can sell over or under as the market determines. People get all bent out of shape on that and I do not know why. Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2020, 07:07:29 AM »

The Corvette is lame.
Well Biggie is a true blue Ford guy wearing blue tinted glasses. I don't even bother with a response. As a longtime GM employee the Vette shows how to do a world class sports/supercar for the masses. Ford never could. But the 900HP twin turbo ZR-1 sure isn't going to be lame and I'm betting the price would be in the ballpark of what Ford buyers paid 15 YEARS ago for a Ford GT. Want to know what LAME is? That since 1957 Ford has never come out with a car to compete in the Vette's class. Figure out why that is and let me know.  :) Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2020, 04:30:18 PM »
What a deal 25/50/75 over sticker ! :)

A few I have talked to on FB on my Gt350 page have said they or their relatives  have ordered new 2020 Vettes for sticker. 50-75K over sticker on a GT500? Well while I would never buy one even at sticker the MSRP on a GT500 is just that; Man SUGGESTED retail price. They can sell over or under as the market determines. People get all bent out of shape on that and I do not know why. Gary

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2020, 04:34:03 PM »
Well Biggie is a true blue Ford guy wearing blue tinted glasses. I don't even bother with a response.

+1

As a longtime GM employee the Vette shows how to do a world class sports/supercar for the masses. Ford never could.

+1

But the 900HP twin turbo ZR-1 sure isn't going to be lame and I'm betting the price would be in the ballpark of what Ford buyers paid 15 YEARS ago for a Ford GT.

+1

Want to know what LAME is? That since 1957 Ford has never come out with a car to compete in the Vette's class. Figure out why that is and let me know.  

+1

The Corvette is lame.
Well Biggie is a true blue Ford guy wearing blue tinted glasses. I don't even bother with a response. As a longtime GM employee the Vette shows how to do a world class sports/supercar for the masses. Ford never could. But the 900HP twin turbo ZR-1 sure isn't going to be lame and I'm betting the price would be in the ballpark of what Ford buyers paid 15 YEARS ago for a Ford GT. Want to know what LAME is? That since 1957 Ford has never come out with a car to compete in the Vette's class. Figure out why that is and let me know.  :) Gary

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2020, 04:45:23 PM »
I hope you have a vette on order and enjoy plastic machine that will take forever to appreciate if it does at all.  The Vette will be short lived.  The Mustang damn nears outsells Corvette and Camaro combined.  Let's see GM make something that will compete against the GT.