Author Topic: And this is why people will choose the new Corvette C8 over the new GT500  (Read 17053 times)

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: And this is why people will choose the new Corvette C8 over the new GT500
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2020, 04:55:46 PM »
You have not been keeping up, let's answer your inquiries;

No we do not have one on order, we have expressed that we will wait to see if they have any bugs or maladies in its first year of production.

We will be driving the wheels out of this mass produced disposable super car. Then on to the next one

Of course the Mustangs outsells these two GM products.  We love Mustangs, we own a few. But can't pass up this economical and much superior super car.

GM will trounce the GT500 and the GT once the ZR1 comes out at a rumored $150/160k..ouch !

I hope you have a vette on order and enjoy plastic machine that will take forever to appreciate if it does at all.  The Vette will be short lived.  The Mustang damn nears outsells Corvette and Camaro combined.  Let's see GM make something that will compete against the GT.
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

Rukiddin

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2020, 05:39:10 PM »
You are on a Ford/SAAC themed site and blast OUR preferred product? You are only looking to irritate people. Go play someplace else.
 I understand those,like yourself,that like to be “devils’s advocate” just to promote responses........lonely ,looking for love? Try the Corvette site
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 05:45:01 PM by Rukiddin »

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2020, 05:58:41 PM »
Understood this a Ford /SAAC site, but that is why we have a lounge area to discuss different topics.

Those that get irritated over such discussion it's because of the lack of emotional intelligence.

Got to admit someone else built an affordable mid engine super car to challenge the world is or should be a topic of discussion on any forum.

Hope it reaches and make all car manufacturer rethink their current product's and future strategies.

Our sincerest apologies if we have offended you in any manner.

You are on a Ford/SAAC themed site and blast OUR preferred product? You are only looking to irritate people. Go play someplace else.
 I understand those,like yourself,that like to be “devils’s advocate” just to promote responses........lonely ,looking for love? Try the Corvette site

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

CSX 4133

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2020, 06:19:35 PM »

And this is why GM hasn't learned from the last bankruptcy. My advice buy one now before 80K+ is the rule.   ::)

https://www.motor1.com/news/385310/gm-loses-on-base-corvette/

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2020, 06:26:04 PM »
Agree with the article, of the six people I know that have ordered the C8 the lowest after accessorizing it, came in at just over $90k  and the highest at $110k

Still way under a Ferrari,  Lambo or GT.

A few will buy into the $59k base , a few.

And this is why GM hasn't learned from the last bankruptcy. My advice buy one now before 80K+ is the rule.   ::)

https://www.motor1.com/news/385310/gm-loses-on-base-corvette/

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

Rukiddin

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2020, 07:04:39 PM »
Nice try.

Shelby73

• 828-308-8103
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2020, 11:13:09 PM »
The Corvette is cheaper because Chevy knows what their product is worth. How many Corvettes do you know of that have lasting beauty after 1972. The answer is (Almost none) The 63-67s are the best the rest get aged looking in a hurry. I predict the new one will be the same. The Gt-40 and the Ford Gts never look aged. Camaro was the same way it started good and every year they made it, it got uglier. I have some Chevys and I like them, I'm just tired of hearing about the new ones. They should be able to build a Corvette to go to Mars and back with the billions they robbed off the tax payers.
67 Cobra CSX3251  65 K-code Conv
65 5S073.               65 A-code fastback
66 6S304.                67 390 GTA Conv.
66 Hertz 6S1863.      67 Playboy Coupe
68 KR Conv. 2529.     70 Mach1
07 Shelby Hertz Conv. 69 Z/28
66 MK1A Tiger.            66 Vette coupe
13 GT500                   
69 Boss 429

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2020, 12:18:15 AM »
I agree that the best Tupperware Chevys were in the 63 to 70 group though the C7 series created some excitement.  I never owned any but did drive a few over the years.  Some styles now make them look like stomped on Camaros.  But they are still in business and allowing us choices.  And I like the competition of style and innovation from Ford and Chevy.  Rivalry is a good thing.

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2020, 07:36:52 AM »
Good morning gentlemen 

All very valid points but, GM knocked it out of the park with the 2020 corvette and the pricing is absolutely where it needs to be and with that they’re going to sell every single one of those cars they can build. A fun vehicle that almost anyone can afford and enjoy.

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

madeulook

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2020, 07:49:36 AM »
IMHO the design is KAKA - but it has to be a blast to drive - but bow ties are for little boyz
SFM5R-madeulook
1965 GT 350 Competition Tribute
1st. place pop vote Mid-Ohio

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2020, 08:25:16 AM »
IMHO the design is KAKA - but it has to be a blast to drive - but bow ties are for little boyz

"Little boyz"? I don't know? You're packin' what you're packin'" ? Talks cheap.

In three years used C8's should be pretty affordable?

Cars are like wives. Some guys like porkers. Some Super Models. All have their drawbacks.

You have to know your limits. Get one you can drive and afford to keep?

"Never make a pretty woman your wife, if you wanna' be happy for the rest of your life, so from my personal point of view, get an ugly girl to marry you!"
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 09:03:27 AM by shelbydoug »
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Rickmustang

• SAAC Member
  • "What's behind you, doesn't matter"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2020, 10:10:27 AM »
I have a buddy who married a super model. Everyone wanted to drive her. Divorced in 2 years. Been married to current model (ugly) for 25 years and very happy. Good strategy.
1965 G.T. 350
1967 Fairlane GT - 390 4-speed
1970 Mach 1 - 428CJ 4-speed/AC
1971 Mach 1 - 429CJ auto/AC
2005 Ford GT

madeulook

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2020, 10:35:15 AM »
So, the logic is to marry a 5 or 6, and drive the same, I guess...I'll take a '65 Fastback and a 11 any day
SFM5R-madeulook
1965 GT 350 Competition Tribute
1st. place pop vote Mid-Ohio

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2020, 11:57:09 AM »
You have not been keeping up, let's answer your inquiries;

No we do not have one on order, we have expressed that we will wait to see if they have any bugs or maladies in its first year of production.

We will be driving the wheels out of this mass produced disposable super car. Then on to the next one

Of course the Mustangs outsells these two GM products.  We love Mustangs, we own a few. But can't pass up this economical and much superior super car.

GM will trounce the GT500 and the GT once the ZR1 comes out at a rumored $150/160k..ouch !

I hope you have a vette on order and enjoy plastic machine that will take forever to appreciate if it does at all.  The Vette will be short lived.  The Mustang damn nears outsells Corvette and Camaro combined.  Let's see GM make something that will compete against the GT.
A few weeks ago I walked out of a restaurant and the only car out there besides my Equinox was a new "grabber blue" Vette. I walked back in and talked to the engineer. Car was the 60K base model. When I asked him the price of a ZR-1 he was coy and couldn't quote me prices even though I'm also a GM employee. But after some bantering he pretty much said it would be about the same price as the current ZR-1. Well a LOADED top ZR-1 2019 I think would peg 150K and seen many with lower option packages at 135K(a friend tagged a company 2019 ZR-1 vert with the base option package with a few other options at 138K). So I think 150-160K sounds about right. Still a deal for what you are getting. About bugs in the first year? Well with all the delays and testing I hope they are gone. Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

6R07mi

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2020, 11:59:31 AM »
I just loved the article that revealed you have to pull the entire engine/trans to replace the drive belt!
"well, ya know it's no different than some Ferrari's that require engine removal for scheduled maintenance".......

everyone has their preference, and will drink the Kool-Aid because it's an emotional decision..

they will have the "new thing" that other's don't,  or they feel kooler because.....

I don't expect others to validate my choices by publicizing, to see what responses are generated

IMHO

jp
Former owner 6S283, 70 "Boss351", 66 GT 6F07, 67 FB GT
current: 66 GT former day 2 track car 6R07
20+ yrs Ford Parts Mgr, now Meritor Defense