News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

And this is why people will choose the new Corvette C8 over the new GT500

Started by FL SAAC, January 06, 2020, 09:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

They certainly drew a line for all auto manufacturer's

Quote from: shelbydoug on February 26, 2020, 05:13:01 PM
Competition is good for the breed. GM called the tune. Call or fold.
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

FL SAAC

Totally disagree,  the C8 is 100% American

Why buy a Fellali when you can have the equivalent,  no let me correct myself ... a better vehicle for a percentage of that temperamental, unreliable, the locals wouldn't know where to start to fix it, I cant take it out because some may hurt it steal it forgein P.O.S ...

As far as the GT500 you always have to remember that is abd always will be an SVT vehicle paying royalties to use the Shelby name plates.

Unlike the original ones and the ones made today by S A.

Quote from: Greg on February 26, 2020, 06:20:58 PM
The GT500 pays tribute to the Shelby Brand, the corvette is just another car that's trying to be Italian but just not quite there.  If one wanted a Ferrari then you should buy the real thing not a knock on GM product :-).....  How about GM building it to pay homage to a 67 corvette, then you're talking.

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

Love what you said but Ford is not going to make it happen

Let go of their exclusive cash cow and make an affordable world super car for 60 to 150k ...blasphemy !

Quote from: 427heaven on February 26, 2020, 11:10:42 PM
Our beloved Mustang looks more like a pregnant carp then a serious muscle car. :-[ Ford already has the platform to unleash the baddest performance car on the planet if they choose to do so. The FORD GT could become the mustang, if they got their head out of their tail pipe.  If GM can produce a 200 mph beauty queen for 60k FORD could do it as well. Will the non beauty queen stay the same year after year as an ugly duckling with 1000 HP? Hopefully not change is difficult but good. Henry Ford hated change he felt the model T should remain with a lot of in fighting. Then the model A came along and the masses loved it, he wanted that to remain longer as well but the 32S came along with the new flathead v8 and the world changed forever. In my eyes something similar is going on as we discuss this. The real problem as I see it is that NON CAR TYPES are running corporate America and they dont seem to understand or care what people want! The aftermarket gets what people want ... Been to a S E M A show... Holy Cow they get it... ;)

I have all UNGOLD cars

shelbymann1970

Lets see I grew up a few miles from Dearborn. My dad pretty much always drove Fords until a POS Fairmont pushed him to Buicks in 1981( I got the car from him but didn't have it long..). I grew up driving in  Falcons, Mustangs, station wagons, Galaxies and ,arghh, a Maverick whose doors rusted through in about 2 years.  So to say I was a Ford guy growing up is true. Then I started noticing Mopars and GM and AMC products. Owned many back in my youth but 69-70 Mustangs were my favorites(why couldn't it be 71 Cudas..). My first 2 new cars were Chevies and bought before I worked for GM with a GM discount and owning numerous Mustangs at the time. I could have bought Fords at the time with the Ford employee discount and still can to this day. My Mom and father-in-law both worked at Ford for their careers in Dearborn. It is a shame those who have only owned Fords never had the experience of owning other brands due to their loyalty. The trashing from some here on the new Vette is just ridiculous and to me it is downright jealousy because Ford isn't or can't do the same.  Go ahead and hate it because Ford didn't build it(I'm sure the same gushed over the 450K plus rear engined  6 cyl Ford GT) but I'm proud my company did. Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

FL SAAC

+1 agreed !

You can establish yourself with building something like the Ford GT as elite but with the infinitely small numbers you build them in, just show your attitude of elitism and "don't tell us how to build anything" lectures.

It was the little folks who made Ford a winner at Lemans but it all just went to support the ego of the Emperor who owned the little people anyway? 

Where is this all going? It can't be good?

Did Ford ever understand that the concept was Jack the Giant killer? I have my doubts.

Quote from: shelbydoug on February 27, 2020, 07:49:56 AM
Our beloved Mustang looks more like a pregnant carp then a serious muscle car. :-[ Ford already has the platform to unleash the baddest performance car on the planet if they choose to do so. The FORD GT could become the mustang, if they got their head out of their tail pipe.  If GM can produce a 200 mph beauty queen for 60k FORD could do it as well. Will the non beauty queen stay the same year after year as an ugly duckling with 1000 HP? Hopefully not change is difficult but good. Henry Ford hated change he felt the model T should remain with a lot of in fighting. Then the model A came along and the masses loved it, he wanted that to remain longer as well but the 32S came along with the new flathead v8 and the world changed forever. In my eyes something similar is going on as we discuss this. The real problem as I see it is that NON CAR TYPES are running corporate America and they dont seem to understand or care what people want! The aftermarket gets what people want ... Been to a S E M A show... Holy Cow they get it... ;)

It used to be tall and lean like Shelby. Now it's short and humped up like Quasimodo.

Is the head of the design team a non-comital he/she or a she/he with a manbun and purple suede high heels? I wonder?

It's a pity how the mighty have fallen into a cespool of global gender variance and customers who think the Nissan Cube is the coolest thing to "wear"?

Is it "Prince's" fault?

I remember when Ford Corporate folks started showing up at SAAC Conventions, tell us how influential we were, but told us to stop asking us for jobs at Ford. Maybe they should have listened?

You can establish yourself with building something like the Ford GT as elite but with the infinitely small numbers you build them in, just show your attitude of elitism and "don't tell us how to build anything" lectures.

It was the little folks who made Ford a winner at Lemans but it all just went to support the ego of the Emperor who owned the little people anyway?

Did Ford ever understand that the concept was Jack the Giant killer? I have my doubts.

I have all UNGOLD cars

shelbydoug

Quote from: Greg on February 27, 2020, 08:13:45 AM

It used to be tall and lean like Shelby. Now it's short and humped up like Quasimodo.

Is the head of the design team a non-comital he/she or a she/he with a manbun and purple suede high heels? I wonder?

It's a pity how the mighty have fallen into a cespool of global gender variance and customers who think the Nissan Cube is the coolest thing to "wear"?

Is it "Prince's" fault?

I remember when Ford Corporate folks started showing up at SAAC Conventions, tell us how influential we were, but told us to stop asking us for jobs at Ford. Maybe they should have listened?

Doug, I get your frustration but let's face it, you and I aren't the market that Ford is targeting.  I'm sure your father or grandfather said the same things about the mustang.  Throw away car, ladies car, tin can, ugly, unsafe, etc....  see what I mean it is all perspective with what you grew up with and Ford is driven to focus on branding their vehicles to the next generation.  They know most of us aren't going to spend $$ on a new mustangs because we are nostalgic of the past.

You could say yeah but WE (our generation) can afford to purchase a new car and the 20's something can't. Thats not true, they probably can't pay cash, but they have no issue financing a vehicle. 

When our generation dies off (oh yes we all will) and Ford didn't try to move ahead, they would die as well.  Ford will be around long after you and I are long gone.

Relax, enjoy the ride and love the vintage antique cars like we all do.

I'm not lost. I know I can't be everything to everyone.

I acknowledge that I am a dinosaur but prefer to think of it as a Tyrannosaurus Rex. An ultimate. One that still inspires awe and fear.

I certainly still make the ground tremble. I'm good with that. I'm VERY good with that.

I don't think that even a car company can be everything to everyone. They try but just rustle feathers and classify us, then rate us. Apparently though, I'm still influential?

I just overheard a whisper just the other day, "what's wrong with him?"

"You gotta believe in something
If you don't you will be lost
You gotta believe in someone
No matter the cost" - CSN

The "Prophets" have spoken.  ;)

68 GT350 Lives Matter!

FL SAAC

+ 1 agreed enjoy the moment

When our generation dies off (oh yes we all will) and Ford didn't try to move ahead, they would die as well.  Ford will be around long after you and I are long gone.

Is it "Prince's" fault?

Doug, I get your frustration but let's face it, you and I aren't the market that Ford is targeting.  I'm sure your father or grandfather said the same things about the mustang.  Throw away car, ladies car, tin can, ugly, unsafe, etc....  see what I mean it is all perspective with what you grew up with and Ford is driven to focus on branding their vehicles to the next generation.  They know most of us aren't going to spend $$ on a new mustangs because we are nostalgic of the past.

You could say yeah but WE (our generation) can afford to purchase a new car and the 20's something can't. Thats not true, they probably can't pay cash, but they have no issue financing a vehicle. 

I have all UNGOLD cars

shelbydoug

Quote from: FL SAAC TONY on February 27, 2020, 09:00:31 AM
+ 1 agreed enjoy the moment

Is it "Prince's" fault?

'Been enjoying the ride for over 50 years and still going. It's one thing that doesn't constantly need to be re-invented.

When I appear in a white flash, late at night, it creates tales spoken amongst the locals? Is it real? Is it a ghost? Stories of seeing a roaring white flash with a driver with flowing white hair disappearing into the darkness of the night!

Oh, I'm ok with the ride alright. Is Ford?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

FL SAAC

Folks we have several Shelbys,  F150 and an Expedition. But you need to step back take a deep breath and smell the coffee.  Actually FoMoCo needs to do this also asap....

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

A friend called me yesterday and asked if I could come by to see his new C8 with the after market wheels he just put on.

Let's just say stunning !

I have all UNGOLD cars

Side-Oilers

Those wheels looks great. Really classy improvement.   Did he let you drive it?
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

Shelby73

67 Cobra CSX3251  65 K-code Conv
65 5S073.               65 A-code fastback
66 6S304.                67 390 GTA Conv.
66 Hertz 6S1863.      67 Playboy Coupe
68 KR Conv. 2529.     70 Mach1
07 Shelby Hertz Conv. 69 Z/28
66 MK1A Tiger.            66 Vette coupe
13 GT500                   
69 Boss 429

Side-Oilers

I'm not a fan of the black eyebrow scoop on the sides.   Would look better body-color, IMO. 
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

SFM6S087

Quote from: Side-Oilers on April 01, 2020, 10:54:11 PM
I'm not a fan of the black eyebrow scoop on the sides.   Would look better body-color, IMO.

If body color, the average customer might miss the styling cue that's supposed to link this car to your fond memories of early Mustangs. Just kidding.

I actually like the black eyebrows. Just personal taste I suppose.

Steve

tesgt350