News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1967 Shelby GT500 with an aluminum 427ci Competition Package engine

Started by Don Johnston, January 07, 2020, 02:41:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pbf777

At MECUM last week, A person (not sure if he was the owner or not) was expounding how original and correct a particular Shelby was, and as the air cleaner was removed (car was a "no-start", with fuel being administered) I leaned in to look, and was dragged into the "dog-and-pony-show" of "what-do-ya-see"?  Everything is right on this one,........... right!  Attempting to be amiable I responded it's a nice looking car, and moved back, but I guess that just wasn't an acceptable response and this person persisted, "it has the original carb right!, everything is right on this car, right"!  I should have said I don't know, but the other onlookers who had amassed, were staring at me, trying to determine if I would confirm this persons statements or not!  And, not that I should referenced for correctness validation anyway, I responded, "well..........the carburetor does have at 1972 production date", and walked away.

I'm sure at that point I wasn't appreciated (I'm generally not anyway!  :'(  ), and I was just hoping there wouldn't be repercussions, like a can of wax hitting me in the back of the head.       ::)

Scott.

Kent

112.000$ I was leading but at the end my heart and head hit the limit. Who knows. Not a bad price for what it is.
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

roddster

Those TV guys were harping about the fomer owner being Huber Platt.  Well bought I'd say.