News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Looking for 67400F2U00820

Started by BigBlueOvalFan, January 08, 2020, 09:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlueOvalFan

So it's been a long haul but I caught a break in my search for my old 1967 Shelby GT500. Thanks to a great community of car guys and my new friend who I sold the car to back in 1983, Duane Karam. If anyone knows anymore information or recognizes the car, place, people, please reach out to me. The car was later sold by Duane to Mike Johnson, who owned it for a couple years and then sold to John Frimand who sold it around 90/91 to someone who claimed to be performing a full restoration. John does not remember who the guy was he sold it to so the trail has gone cold but the big break is that we have the VIN now. Here is a pic of what it looked like around 1983 just after I sold it to Duane and most importantly, the Shelby VIN is 67400F2U00820 which was an original Dark Metallic Blue, White Interior, 4spd, non-thermactor, non-AC car. I changed the interior to black in 82.

I lived in Downey, CA and sold the car to Duane who lived in Glendora, CA. Mike Johnson who is the next owner also lived in Glendora, CA, he sold it to John Frimand who also lived in Glendora, CA. John stated he sold it to a guy who lived on a side street off of Grand Ave in Glendora, CA who owned some Panteras and Boss mustangs and claimed he intended to perform a full restoration on the car. This was back in 90/91.  John Frimand would have been the last known registered owner of the car and sold it for aprox $11,000.

I've checked with Dave Mathews who is the 67 Registrar and he has no more info other than the original buyer in 67.  Both the Ford and Shelby VIN's have been run through the NMVTIS federal datatbase and nothing shows up.  I also checked with Kevin Marti to see if a report has ever been pulled and they said no. This tells me it's probably never been restored and could be sitting in a garage somewhere.

In the background is Duane's 1968 Shelby GT350 which is car# 3166 which is also lost and he is looking for. Any info for that car should be passed along to Duane.

***Reward to anyone who puts me in touch with the current owner***

Thanks to everyone and best of luck in all of your searches.  Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Nightmist over Parchment, 4-speed, inboard, brake duct non-Thermactor.

Very desirable combination.  :o

Hope you find it.

BigBlueOvalFan

Thanks, just wish I had held on to it.  I'm just glad it's not car #939, lol.

BGlover67

Quote from: BigBlueOvalFan on January 09, 2020, 12:04:31 AM
Thanks, just wish I had held on to it.  I'm just glad it's not car #939, lol.

If it was, we'd all be asking for your autograph Jim.  ;D
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

BigBlueOvalFan

No kidding, lol.  I had a fear early on it could have been my old car because the guy I bought it from worked as a NARC for LAPD and he was in partnership with another LEO in the selling of this vehicle and it had been parted out (drivetrain was missing).  So for years, even though Dave said no, I always had a sinking feeling it could be.  Glad it's not,  that car "if" ever found will be ungodly expensive.

honker

Interesting background & story, hope something comes up.

I tried to find the Shelby # using the VIN #  in my 2011 registry, the VINs seem quite mixed up in there ! , I had no  luck, maybe I

just missed it  ?

BigBlueOvalFan

#820 is in the Registry, there is just not much info other than the dealer it was delivered to and the 1st owner.  I don't understand what you mean by the VIN's being mixed up, they seem to be in order to me.  Did I miss something ?

honker

I found it, brain fart on my part   ::)

Mike

Have you tried to locate the last known buyer in Glendora thru the Pantera club or website?

He might be known there. The Boss registry also may hold a clue on his identity.

BigBlueOvalFan

Haven't tried that yet but it would be well worth it.  Up until about 4 months ago I didn't have the Shelby VIN and couldn't remember who it was I sold it to so now I can really ramp up the search.  Both great suggestions, thanks.

Quote from: BigBlueOvalFan on January 12, 2020, 03:09:53 PM
Haven't tried that yet but it would be well worth it.  Up until about 4 months ago I didn't have the Shelby VIN and couldn't remember who it was I sold it to so now I can really ramp up the search.  Both great suggestions, thanks.

Keep us posted .......love these stories