News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

How to get more for your car when selling it through photography

Started by Tinface, February 28, 2018, 01:50:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tinface

I'm selling a car soon, and I noticed others are too. Here is an article most sellers (like me) should consider reading to learn how to maximize there chances of soliciting the greatest amount of online interest in their car. If it makes just one SAAC member an extra $1,000...it's worth it.

https://medium.com/@seconddaily/car-photography-101-a-picture-can-be-worth-a-1000-26ba1864134e

Bigfoot

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

6S1568

Hi Tinface, thanks for sharing, good solid article. I liked the clock approach, I'll take that advice. Denny

FL SAAC

great suggestions , tin selling and saving up for the new gt500?
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Great article. Thanks,  nothing irritates  me more than a car with crap all through the interior. 

ITHERTZ

This is all 100% true including showing flaws, hiring a pro, and detailing.  The more money your car is worth, the more time and money you should spend into presenting it.  Don't hesitate to hire a pro to help you.  2-5 HUNDRED dollars spent may mean an extra 2-5 THOUSAND (or more) in your pocket.  Poor presentation only invites opportunists and bargain hunters.  A proper presentation will weed most of them out and put you in front of real buyers.

The clock visual is solid, but be prepared to rotate the car around if you are shooting with the sun behind you (which you should be).  Alternatively, wait for a bright overcast day with soft shadows (if any) and move around the car at will.  You will also get accurate and consistent color temperatures. 

Shelby_r_b

What a great read, and its all so true!  This is one area where, for example, auction houses can really differ.  If you look, you'll notice that almost none of the photos on the Barrett-Jackson website for a particular auction are taken professionally...and it shows...terribly.  Then, you look at other auction websites, and their pictures are simply stunning!

I'm an extremely amateur photographer, and I've learned a lot of what not to do.  This article is spot on.  And, for the investment you have in a car, spending 2-5 hundred dollars is nothing!  You'll probably spend that much, if not double, just shipping a car.

Nothing beats a classic!

outlawincorporated

VERY GOOD ARTICLE

something many people on all forms of social media and ebay should use. sick and tired of reading descriptions to be let down via poor photos.
I put it down to sellers being lazy or not really committed to actually wanting to sell there car(s)

regards.

PHILL BERESFORD
MELBOURNE.
AUSTRALIA.

SunDude

It boggles my mind whenever I see someone trying to sell a high-end car with crappy photos. Case in point: This original 260 Cobra (CSX2065) has been for sale for years now at an asking price of >$1 million USD. You'd think for that kind of money, the seller would take an hour to snap some nice pics to make the car stand out...

See for yourself: www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/shelby/csx/1498192.html
Like my father, I have just two emotions: Rage and Supressed Rage.

Tinface