Author Topic: Mecum Kissimmee Auction - Today  (Read 5948 times)

NC TRACKRAT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Mecum Kissimmee Auction - Today
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2020, 04:35:53 PM »
A veritable "bargain" at $3.4M!  While it's comparing "apples and oranges", the Petersen Museum owns McQueen's XK-SS Jag and I know they were offered $10m 2 or 3 years ago and passed.
5S071, 6S1467

6s2020

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2020, 04:49:14 PM »

67 #02148 paxton car sold 440k all in  :o

rmarble57

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2020, 04:58:15 PM »
Several 66's not getting much play.  They are either not as nice in person or people are running out of money or saving up for Barrett Jackson.

Mikelj5S230

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2020, 08:54:35 PM »
That supposed, alleged Comer Conelec '69 Shelby was a big dud.......appeared to be no real bids, just the "house" chandelier types..... :-*
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 08:56:46 PM by CorvetteMike »
Formerly known as CorvetteMike.

rmarble57

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2020, 11:58:34 AM »
Saturday #67
1965 GT350 was No Sale at $85k.   Rebody?   Something must have really been wrong with it.

acman63

• View Profile
    • Shelby Parts and Restoration  since 1977
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2020, 01:03:24 PM »
Saturday #67
1965 GT350 was No Sale at $85k.   Rebody?   Something must have really been wrong with it.

Yep one of my friends wanted to buy it when it was in New York  so I found someone to go look at it.  -  not a lot of original parts and not the orignal body - wasnt even a dual exh body
SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2020, 01:08:32 PM »
Saturday #67

Yep one of my friends wanted to buy it when it was in New York  so I found someone to go look at it.  -  not a lot of original parts and not the orignal body - wasnt even a dual exh body

+1. The Shelby Tag wasn’t original either. Here are some pics. The listing states it’s a rebody as well.
Nothing beats a classic!

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2020, 01:11:27 PM »

Supposed, alleged? Im confused

Its the only EFI convertible ever built. I’m not sure I would call it a “dud” , obviously the owner just values it more than the bidders present.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 01:25:28 PM by Coralsnake »

acman63

• View Profile
    • Shelby Parts and Restoration  since 1977
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2020, 01:45:09 PM »
steel frame hood on an early 65?   think not
SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2020, 03:06:28 PM »
Saturday #67

Been discussed here and elsewhere a number of times.

When up for sale at Monterey 2019 the description included "Body replaced at time of restoration, driven sparingly since"

Been up for sale off and on for a fair amount of time also.  Just one of those cars

Here is a related thread from forum 2.0

http://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=6998.msg59321#msg59321

Mecum's window sticker at that time included the notation also. Reply #6
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 03:13:16 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Chad

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2020, 04:14:54 PM »
Saturday #67

Yes it is.  I am at the auction and it is stated in the description that it was rebodied.  Everyone should feel good about the prices that most of these Shelbys have sold for or bid to because they are ruff around the edges!  Especially the 66s. There is on real nice 66 Hertz car that is going through later today that should bring really good money!

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2020, 07:08:07 PM »
Saturday #67

Yes it is.  I am at the auction and it is stated in the description that it was rebodied.  Everyone should feel good about the prices that most of these Shelbys have sold for or bid to because they are ruff around the edges!  Especially the 66s. There is on real nice 66 Hertz car that is going through later today that should bring really good money!

That Hertz just hammered for $220K - $242K all in!
Nothing beats a classic!

roddster

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2020, 10:36:53 AM »
 Yep, #2148 sold for $400,000 plus the fees.  It's all good!

Surprised at the vast amount of "the bid goes on" moves.  For every make.

csx289

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2020, 11:53:38 AM »
That supposed, alleged Comer Conelec '69 Shelby was a big dud.......appeared to be no real bids, just the "house" chandelier types..... :-*

Hi CorvetteMike,

I'm here so if you'd like to discuss my 1969 Conolec car #0006 I'm happy to have that conversation if we can skip the BS above. There was real money on the car to $280k and I am negotiating with the high bidder currently. And Pete is correct, I just valued the car more than the high bid less commissions. The car has never really been in public nor is it well known since it has been in hiding forever. So if I end up keeping it I'll again try to convince Pete to trade my firstborn for a Conolec system because I think it would be cool to have it running around with functional EFI as it did as a Shelby Engineering car with Fred Goodell for 8,000 miles in 1969.

But to be clear I can appreciate and respect opinions but not allegations and rumors about a car or people that just aren't true. The car is real, I am real, both have been confirmed as such by SAAC and my physician (respectively, the later a far less pleasant experience after the age of 45 I might add) and you are welcome to come see for yourself if you care to. I'll have a beer and a brat waiting if you just let me know.

Sincerely,

Colin Comer

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2020, 12:14:05 PM »
I have seen Colin and #oo6 and confirm both are real. Lol