Author Topic: Mecum Kissimmee Sale Prices  (Read 5262 times)

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Mecum Kissimmee Sale Prices
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2020, 08:55:17 AM »
There is a home for every car if a potential buyer and seller can reach an agreement.

Agreed, not every potential owner wants a concours show car.
Maybe so but those potential buyers all seem to ask the question at sometime or the other on what part is original and what part is not to some degree or another . ;)

Many ask after they buy the car and what initially seemed not a big deal does materialize instantly into a mountain of big issues. So many details have become very expensive since there are so many date coded one year only parts on the '67 GT500s.

Lots of would be Gas Monkeys out there that are going to do a ground up in a 30 minute show.

In the day parts were plentiful and how they evaporated makes me wonder if they were made out of disappearing ink? They just seem to disappear before your very eyes?

Lots of these bolt-ons take some time and finesse to get to fit and work right too. Much more then anticipated even with prior knowledge.

Folks can't even get the side stripes right the first time through.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2020, 03:56:21 PM »
  I was looking at the dark green KR FB ( on tv) and could see that it didn't have the S tube! If I could see it so could anyone there. The next question is was there a heat shield? If it wan't there what else is missing?  A little extra effort makes a big difference $ wise.
  Just this old guys opinion.
   Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

pmustang

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2020, 04:31:53 PM »
I buy more cars than the average person, actually more cars than most average persons. Like 4 this week, Not Shelbys mind you, run of the mill small block fastbacks mainly

Anyway, nothing!! like seeing the cars in person. Most of my transactions are through photos and the sellers word. Well let me tell you I could post some photos up that would make grown men cry. Every super pretty car that turns out to need 5 grand in welding is another lesson learned.

I have two folks that are both looking for Shelby vehicles, Both found one car they though was the one....one was too cheap and I told him so. I begged him to contact the registrar here and he did. The car was a fake. The second guy was after a 135k GT350. He was instructed to contact the registrar. Car has more owners than you would believe and some of the worst history I have ever rear

Take photos and auction results with a grain of sand. Lots of fakes, crap and poor condition cars out there.

gpm6367

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2020, 08:07:39 PM »
There is a home for every car if a potential buyer and seller can reach an agreement.

Interesting thread. So let me throw this out to the group. I’m looking for a 68 and the only absolute is a 4spd car. Would love a lime poly car with hubcaps but would consider all. Price is important; Im a bottom feeder.  ;D Looking for a driver quality car with unrestored chassis. A 3+ or - in need of TLC that runs, with or without original motor.

What should I expect to pay? Looking for fair price range.

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2020, 09:19:02 PM »

Interesting thread. So let me throw this out to the group. I’m looking for a 68 and the only absolute is a 4spd car. Would love a lime poly car with hubcaps but would consider all. Price is important; Im a bottom feeder.  ;D Looking for a driver quality car with unrestored chassis. A 3+ or - in need of TLC that runs, with or without original motor.

What should I expect to pay? Looking for fair price range.
If looking for a fair price range (what ever that is) you might want to add if GT350 Fastback,GT500 fastback, GT500 KR Fastback ,Convertible GT350,Convertible GT500 , Convertible GT500 KR.  Each one has a different price point.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2020, 08:07:21 AM »

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2020, 09:17:33 AM »
This is one of the biggest raging questions the collector car market has to deal with... What is a good price. The only true answer is what someone's tolerance of things are. Petes outline is a good starting point, but from there it is like an octopus that branches out in many different directions. Cars are like people we all like something different and that's what keeps things interesting. Some have skills that will let them replace, repair, or restore cars, this is a consideration for many when purchasing a car. If you fall into a different category you just want to own a car with out touching it you will pay a premium price for that skill set. Different colors, options , condition, provenance all enter into the purchase price. If I found a lime green automatic SHELBY I would paint it any other color of the rainbow and add a 4 speed... Why? Because I feel that would be an upgrade, not original but a better driving experience. Have someone on here inspect it for you like BOB or JEFF they will tell you the good bad and the ugly this will let you make an educated decision on what you might or should pay for something, if the price point is a little different you decide no big deal really just buy one and enjoy it  to the best of your ability.  :)

Rukiddin

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2020, 11:52:31 AM »
I like the analogy of finding the best person match for lifetime . Lots of good women out there,and a lot of bad ones too. Take your time and look at your choices and realize NONE are perfect. Some will require more than others.....make your best decision and try to live with it.  ::)  at least with cars you can have as many you want,or can afford!

gpm6367

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2020, 08:13:07 PM »
Thanks for the link and sage advise.

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2020, 08:55:02 PM »
I will tweak those and repost April 1

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2020, 09:56:18 AM »
Also a lot of ads only show the top of the car(half of the picture so to speak.)Another thin to consider:when in doubt walk away.Unless it is uber,Uber rare there ARE other cars out there......