News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

65 GT350 Rear Battery

Started by mygt350, January 23, 2020, 06:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mygt350

For those with rear mount batteries, where do you locate a correct replacement battery?
Martin
Continuous caretaker of 5S228 since May 1967

CharlesTurner

I've had Antique Auto Battery make a reverse post Autolite group 24 in the past.  They can do them in the maintenance free style with no acid, so easy to use cobra vent caps with no worry.

Last one I had made was about 3 or so years ago, so hopefully they can still do them.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

Bob Gaines

Quote from: mygt350 on January 23, 2020, 06:32:09 PM
For those with rear mount batteries, where do you locate a correct replacement battery?
Martin
Correct is relative . I am not aware of a "Correct" replacement just various levels of less then correct compromise. Most compromise with a 24 f . A reverse post battery like what was typically used in a 65 GT 350 rear battery car would be a Mopar application. Finding a replacement that you can put the push in battery vent cap in is the next hurdle. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Rickmustang

Antique Auto Battery is done, and they were a battery in a battery. The only manufacturer left is working on a real AGM battery, now due in March. Not correct, but best thing going. Otherwise get a black battery and put a topper on it. That's what Bo and I have done while waiting on the AGM
1965 G.T. 350
1967 Fairlane GT - 390 4-speed
1970 Mach 1 - 428CJ 4-speed/AC
1971 Mach 1 - 429CJ auto/AC
2005 Ford GT

mygt350

Would anyone have the dimensions and cranking data for a correct 65 rear mount battery?
Continuous caretaker of 5S228 since May 1967

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Rickmustang on January 23, 2020, 07:30:50 PM
Antique Auto Battery is done, and they were a battery in a battery. The only manufacturer left is working on a real AGM battery, now due in March. Not correct, but best thing going. Otherwise get a black battery and put a topper on it. That's what Bo and I have done while waiting on the AGM
Also it was a 68 style assemblyline battery the top of which is very different in appearance then a 65-67 assemblyline battery . I would venture to say is that the new AGM battery will look like the same 68 style assemblyline battery.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Bob Gaines

Quote from: mygt350 on January 23, 2020, 08:22:15 PM
Would anyone have the dimensions and cranking data for a correct 65 rear mount battery?
The same as the 24 F .