News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Another Battery option

Started by Coralsnake, January 04, 2020, 07:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Gaines

Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Coralsnake

CharlesTurner

The caps are 3D printed from what I understand.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

1109RWHP

J_Speegle

Guess you all saw the other offerings.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Autolite-Battery-Group-22-1964-67-Caps-kit/312458603065?hash=item48bffbea39:g:IlsAAOSwLW9dJ0ME

Interesting application for the battery inspection sticker  ::)

Someone in Belgium got a 3D printer for Christmas I guess. Would be fun to have one at home to play with
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

BGlover67

You have to admire the effort.  8)
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Bob Gaines

Quote from: J_Speegle on January 05, 2020, 12:50:12 AM
Guess you all saw the other offerings.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Autolite-Battery-Group-22-1964-67-Caps-kit/312458603065?hash=item48bffbea39:g:IlsAAOSwLW9dJ0ME

Interesting application for the battery inspection sticker  ::)

Someone in Belgium got a 3D printer for Christmas I guess. Would be fun to have one at home to play with
The same goes for the white with red letter plastic battery warning tag on the battery post. I messaged him explaining that was not used on any year 65-70 Shelby or Mustang but was instead something that the repro battery companies included with a battery for liability reasons when the they first started being sold in the 80's . I have never seen any historical photo evidence or otherwise to support them being used on a 65-70 Shelby. They have been associated with the repro batteries so long that people assume they were on the vintage batteries. I typically give a concours entrant a chance to take the incorrect tag off in judging just because I feel sorry for their misplaced  effort.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

1109RWHP

Was the high performance battery an over the counter item? What years was it sold? When did they stop using the 24F with the red caps?

CharlesTurner

Quote from: 1109RWHP on January 14, 2020, 10:37:58 PM
Was the high performance battery an over the counter item? What years was it sold? When did they stop using the 24F with the red caps?

What do you mean by 'high performance battery'?  The yellow caps?
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

J_Speegle

Believe he's referring the flat topped battery/no caps (as we think of them) this sticker kit attempts to mimic

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Autolite-Battery-High-Performance-unifill-1968-75-Sticker-kit/312213855386?hash=item48b1655c9a:g:YNAAAOSwtNFdJ0aF

Believe over the counter only. The Shop Tips (believe when it was first released) shows it was printed in Aug 68. Copied showed in the Ebay ad above also.
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

1109RWHP

Yes, the flat top one with the gold sticker.

Bob Gaines

Yellow caps typically mean LO PO as it pertains to the Autolite batteries.

CharlesTurner

Quote from: Bob Gaines on January 15, 2020, 12:06:53 PM
Yellow caps typically mean LO PO as it pertains to the Autolite batteries.

Or cheap-o... lol
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge