Author Topic: #00149 Black GT350 listed in the 'Cars For Sale" section  (Read 2792 times)

Richstang

• View Profile
    • 1967 Shelby Research Group
#00149 Black GT350 listed in the 'Cars For Sale" section
« on: January 14, 2020, 04:30:22 PM »
Before the thread get locked for side talk, I thought it best to post here for any conversations.

Nice find Bret!!! 
It appears to be the only car built on it's DSO!
It would be worthwhile to check under the carpets for any of the SVO paperwork. That's the only chance we'll ever have to find those pages.
Also, it looks to be the first '67 shipped to McCollum Motors.
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

BajaBroncos

• View Profile
Re: #00149 Black GT350 listed in the 'Cars For Sale" section
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 07:35:12 PM »
Thing is awesome.   I had a Stroppe Baja Bronco that went to McCollum originally.   Wish I was in the market for another Shelby.

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 07:46:47 PM »
Is that McCollum Ford in Spokane?

I grew up there. Knew some of the McCollum grand kids. Unfortunately I was a toddler when this car was produced so I can't claim I saw it on the streets.

Bigfoot

• Forum 1.0 posts: 8815
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2020, 08:18:06 PM »
Thing is awesome.   I had a Stroppe Baja Bronco that went to McCollum originally.   Wish I was in the market for another Shelby.

“There is always room for one more.....”
That’s what a buddy once said....
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Richstang

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2020, 10:10:32 PM »
Is that McCollum Ford in Spokane?

I grew up there. Knew some of the McCollum grand kids. Unfortunately I was a toddler when this car was produced so I can't claim I saw it on the streets.

Yes, it's noted as being in Dishman, WA in Spokane county.

BajaBroncos

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2020, 03:51:00 PM »
Hahah, yes, Bigfoot, but a rainy winter and all the Fords inside are currently reinforcing my space issue.  I just got back from Spokane looking at yet another Mccollum-sold vehicle.   I too was too young to be around to see them, but the original owner of this particular Bronco, had a father who purchased every 2 years from there and rattled off another 4 or 5 high performance cars purchased there.   I had contact with a younger McCollum, I think John....I'll have to look him up again....will report back.

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2020, 09:48:26 PM »
Hahah, yes, Bigfoot, but a rainy winter and all the Fords inside are currently reinforcing my space issue.  I just got back from Spokane looking at yet another Mccollum-sold vehicle.   I too was too young to be around to see them, but the original owner of this particular Bronco, had a father who purchased every 2 years from there and rattled off another 4 or 5 high performance cars purchased there.   I had contact with a younger McCollum, I think John....I'll have to look him up again....will report back.

Ask John about the red-hot pepper incident in San Francisco  ;D

Dishman was an unincorporated neighborhood right on the eastern border of Spokane. It is now incorporated as "Spokane Valley". They dropped "the" from the name after incorporating. Back before everything had to be abbreviated, it was called "The Valley".
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 09:52:01 PM by 2112 »

owenkelley

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2020, 11:12:46 AM »
Back around 1980 there was a black, automatic, '67 GT350 that used to sit at a convenience store out on Sprague Ave. in Spokane. It had after market wheels, possibly slotted mags if I remember correctly. The store was possibly called Zip? The owner of the car wouldn't sell it, but he did sell us three of the original Magstars off of it that we bought for a buddy of ours who was restoring a '67 GT500 in Missoula. Would be interesting to know if this is the same car. I also remember McCollum Ford. They had a '68 GT350 in the showroom back in the nieties I believe, and if I remember correctly it belonged to John McCollum.

Richstang

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2020, 12:36:08 PM »
Back around 1980 there was a black, automatic, '67 GT350 that used to sit at a convenience store out on Sprague Ave. in Spokane. It had after market wheels, possibly slotted mags if I remember correctly. The store was possibly called Zip? The owner of the car wouldn't sell it, but he did sell us three of the original Magstars off of it that we bought for a buddy of ours who was restoring a '67 GT500 in Missoula. Would be interesting to know if this is the same car. I also remember McCollum Ford. They had a '68 GT350 in the showroom back in the nieties I believe, and if I remember correctly it belonged to John McCollum.

#00149 was the only black GT350 sold to McCollum (no black GT500s sold there). 15 years later could bring another one into the area.

#00104 another black GT350 went to Metke Ford in Bellevue, WA (also no black GT500 sold there).

#00117 went to Marv Tonkin in Portland, OR (again no black GT500s sold there)

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2020, 07:56:10 PM »

ZipTrip small local chain of convenience stores/inexpensive gas stations.

Also, I am certain that same car was known by my circle of friends. My best buddy also asked to buy it but he wouldn't have been able to even if the answer was yes. Minimum wage was $2.25/hour back then.  :P

Edit; There is also a chain of burger joints called Zips in Eastern Washington
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 08:01:11 PM by 2112 »