News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

1966 Shelby GT 350 CR HARD TOP RETRACTABLE 1 0f 3 in the World

Started by BGlover67, January 15, 2020, 06:07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coralsnake

427heaven

SCJSTU

1969 Shelby GT350 convertible 4 speed/ AC
Built Jan 1969 Red/Black

1967 S-Code 4 spd Black/Parchment
2004 Mustang Mach 1
1956 Ford F-100 Big Window 392 Hemi
1957 F-100 Fridge
1963 Falcon Ranchero
1961 Econoline PU
1961 Falcon 2 dr wagon
1970 Challenger R/T vert 4 speed
1970 Chevy Blazer 2WD

kjspeed

There's a lot more to this story if you do some research. Wilhelm Motorsports, Mustangs Plus and one of Carroll's favorite pastimes - a lawsuit.
1968 Shelby GT350
1968 Mustang GT S-code
2009 Mustang Bullitt

BGlover67

Quote from: kjspeed on January 16, 2020, 08:56:14 AM
There's a lot more to this story if you do some research. Wilhelm Motorsports, Mustangs Plus and one of Carroll's favorite pastimes - a lawsuit.

Good info Kjspeed!

http://www.wilhelmmotorworks.com/news.php

I almost feel sorry for him, except for the absurd pricing.  Nothing like trying to recoup all of his legal bills in one sale.
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Quote from: BGlover67 on January 16, 2020, 09:15:44 AM
Quote from: kjspeed on January 16, 2020, 08:56:14 AM

Good info Kjspeed!

http://www.wilhelmmotorworks.com/news.php

I almost feel sorry for him, except for the absurd pricing.  Nothing like trying to recoup all of his legal bills in one sale.

Ugh,   :-[

Shelby_r_b

Nothing beats a classic!

sg66

Quote from: BGlover67 on January 15, 2020, 09:17:50 PM
Wow, I apologize, I missed the real gem of this seller's collection:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1964-Shelby-GT-350-CR-HARD-TOP-RETRACTABLE-RARE-1-OF-3-IN-WORL/193273719971?hash=item2d0002eca3:g:~Z4AAOSwPsBeBQas

An orange and blue 1964.5 Shelby for $700,000!  "the color design was a "one up" on Carroll's love of the light blue and orange paint scheme on the original GT 40. "  Really?
Oh cool, this is a 64.5 Chip Foose Shelby prototype. I have a picture with my arm around AJ Foyt so now my car is a 66 Indy prototype. I wonder if I need to stuff the fastback hardtop and glass into the trunk to get top dollar on eBay or would a "Caution Fan" sticker do the trick?

CSX 4133

Someone should text this "Tool" at the number supplied within the ad and explain how it's not a Shelby, etc.

Coralsnake

Well some things from the story that stand out, above the endless lawsuits...

He is a self described "whack job"

They agreed these cars should be in the Registry. Oops! Shelby sold that idea many times, the one problem was he had no control over the Shelby American Automobile Club's work...

TJinSA

Well, the business goal to sell cars for between restored Mustang and restored, Original Shelby product selling prices was just shot to #3!/... BUT WAIT! They're prototypes!... Problem solved... constructed with no more quality focus as many SAI prototypes, and without any aesthetic expenditure,  it's a success!?!?!... no further sarcastic commentary to follow.

Not
Tom Kubler
6S296

gt350shelb

Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

BGlover67

Quote from: Coralsnake on January 16, 2020, 12:23:44 PM
Well some things from the story that stand out, above the endless lawsuits...

He is a self described "whack job"

They agreed these cars should be in the Registry. Oops! Shelby sold that idea many times, the one problem was he had no control over the Shelby American Automobile Club's work...

Pete, he has a '68 Shelby GT500 also.  Any chance we'll be seeing an article about on the Coralsnake.com  website?  It could be worse, he could have called it a GT500KRCR, but then he would have had to put a real big block in it.   ???

http://wilhelmmotorworks.com/cars/1966-mustang-g-t-350cr-prototype/
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Coralsnake