Author Topic: Lil Red Unveiled 1/16/20  (Read 6726 times)

427heaven

• View Profile
Re: Lil Red Unveiled 1/16/20
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2020, 09:34:08 AM »
I inquired a few times on here as well as in person yesterday at their display booth regarding the performance aspects of both cars. No one really seems to care or make the performance aspect of these cars a priority or really understand anything about them. The hoods were closed, they looked stunning in their static display but nothing about their back grounds, both young and old display people couldn't answer the most basic questions probably more security then anything, hired by the BJ crew. Prices seemed to be on an upswing, people were digging the positive vibe of the show. Good times :)

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2020, 09:58:09 AM »
Personally, I think the performance of the cars is secondary to their historical significance.

The Green Hornet has a very well built 428 Cobra Jet engine. The Conelec EFI raised the horsepower, torque and fuel mileage.

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2020, 10:32:44 AM »
I inquired a few times on here as well as in person yesterday at their display booth regarding the performance aspects of both cars. No one really seems to care or make the performance aspect of these cars a priority or really understand anything about them. The hoods were closed, they looked stunning in their static display but nothing about their back grounds, both young and old display people couldn't answer the most basic questions probably more security then anything, hired by the BJ crew. Prices seemed to be on an upswing, people were digging the positive vibe of the show. Good times :)
In conversations Jason said with a smile that that Craig runs the snot out of the green hornet . Craig admitted yesterday he has already broken 3 rear ends in it. Lil Red has just got finished and so the owner hasn’t put it through its passes. It has much more power the the Hornet so it should be interesting to hear about.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2020, 10:36:43 AM »
Thanks Pete for the heads up on the vehicles, I know you were involved in bringing them back from the dead and you have vested interest in the cars. I went back to the display multiple times to see if anything changed with the people or how the cars were presented and it didn't change. The hoards of people that floated by the display didn't really know or care about the vintage cars, what they were looking at were the newer cars internal workings and what a new 7 speed TREMEC transmission looks like internally or what the bottom of a new SHELBY GT mustang looks like. Jason deserves props for truly creating some masterpieces they were stunning in appearance. I lingered around to here what the people were saying about the stunning GREEN and RED coupes and the answer was similar, Nice looking FAKE SHELBYS :-[ That was a downer.

Richstang

• View Profile
    • 1967 Shelby Research Group
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2020, 10:41:23 AM »
In conversations Jason said with a smile that that Craig runs the snot out of the green hornet . Craig admitted yesterday he has already broken 3 rear ends in it. Lil Red has just got finished and so the owner hasn’t put it through its passes. It has much more power the the Hornet so it should be interesting to hear about.
NICE!!! Glad to hears it get driven on occasion.
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

Chris Thauberger

• Gold is money. Everything else is credit.
    • View Profile
    • And how many words have I got to say? And how many times will it be this way? With your arms around the future And your back up against the past You're already falling It's calling you on to face the music And the song that is coming through You
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2020, 12:10:45 PM »
Thanks Pete for the heads up on the vehicles, I know you were involved in bringing them back from the dead and you have vested interest in the cars. I went back to the display multiple times to see if anything changed with the people or how the cars were presented and it didn't change. The hoards of people that floated by the display didn't really know or care about the vintage cars, what they were looking at were the newer cars internal workings and what a new 7 speed TREMEC transmission looks like internally or what the bottom of a new SHELBY GT mustang looks like. Jason deserves props for truly creating some masterpieces they were stunning in appearance. I lingered around to here what the people were saying about the stunning GREEN and RED coupes and the answer was similar, Nice looking FAKE SHELBYS :-[ That was a downer.

Weren’t the fake Shelbys the new ones next to the Hornet/Lil’ Red display? 
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

mark p

• SAAC Member
  • south NJ - Philly 'burbs
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2020, 01:26:12 PM »
... Weren’t the fake Shelbys the new ones next to the Hornet/Lil’ Red display? 

good one!
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2020, 07:50:34 PM »
Craig admitted yesterday he has already broken 3 rear ends in it.

I would suggest he stay out of the nitrous.

I guess this would be one of the reasons an IRS wasn't offered until 3 decades later.

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2020, 08:35:43 PM »
Nitrous? There is no nitrous. Am I missing something?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 08:38:58 PM by Coralsnake »

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2020, 09:21:02 PM »
Nitrous? There is no nitrous. Am I missing something?

It was a joke, but seriously, how weak was that IRS?

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2020, 10:10:35 AM »
I think we are ALL missing something, The things that make the most ICONIC engineering cars special, were NOT outlined or displayed to show what makes them special. If you own the most powerful car of its time or the most advanced suspension of its time wouldn't you want to show that? This isn't little league, a small fortune was probably spent on them. Show their special traits that's what makes them what they are. The hoods were down the rear end could not be seen so I and many were disappointed we could not see these items up close and personal. The show was first class though, had a great time, if you have never been get here! ;)

roddster

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2020, 11:44:51 AM »
They are attractive cars, now the clones will be turned out like toilet paper......

Well, I have been working on a Tribute.  It will be the November-December 1966 version with the Magstars and angled grill, single Paxtoned 428.
  I will try do the clean toilet paper version, eh?

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2020, 12:24:14 PM »
I would like to see the 1968 version of Lil’ Red

JD

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2020, 12:35:04 PM »
I'd like to see the earlier '67 version...there are already a number of '68 engineering cars out there ;-)
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Richstang

• View Profile
    • 1967 Shelby Research Group
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2020, 01:39:37 PM »
I'd like to see the earlier '67 version...there are already a number of '68 engineering cars out there ;-)

Here's another vote for the earlier '67 version.  ;D
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar