News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Original 1967 GT350/500 Owners Manual Valuation

Started by davec.va, January 18, 2020, 12:37:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davec.va

Hello all,

Many moons ago, my father, Mel Clark of Miami, Fl, was pretty big into Ford big blocks and Shelby stuff. I remember growing up with garage full of 427 motors and parts, and a GT500KR, another GT500 and a GT350 all in the driveway. At one point he bragged about having the VIN plates and titles for 11 Shelbys. Over the years his collection dwindled as he changed focus and needed $$$. We all know the story... Well, in 2018, he passed away with nearly nothing of his Shelby stuff, but I've found what I think is a gem.

He had an absolutely PERFECT, what I believe is an original print, owner's manual for the 1967 GT350/GT500s. This book has no marking inside or out. No folded/tabbed corners. Even the original staples are not rusted and the pages are still tightly bound. It even has that old, thick paper and old school ink smell to it. It has been kept in a plastic bag for years and is in remarkable condition.

I know I have a piece of Shelby gold, but the question is how much is it actually worth? Can anyone help me out and give some ideas?

Thank you for your help!!
David Clark

mjv458

David,
Your 1967 Shelby Owners manual is a reproduction.  It is not an original. 

Bob Gaines

Quote from: mjv458 on January 18, 2020, 01:26:05 AM
David,
Your 1967 Shelby Owners manual is a reproduction.  It is not an original.
+1. Details on the front cover indicate reproduction without even going into inside details.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

BGlover67

Quote from: davec.va on January 18, 2020, 12:37:38 AM
Hello all,

Many moons ago, my father, Mel Clark of Miami, Fl, was pretty big into Ford big blocks and Shelby stuff. I remember growing up with garage full of 427 motors and parts, and a GT500KR, another GT500 and a GT350 all in the driveway. At one point he bragged about having the VIN plates and titles for 11 Shelbys. Over the years his collection dwindled as he changed focus and needed $$$. We all know the story... Well, in 2018, he passed away with nearly nothing of his Shelby stuff, but I've found what I think is a gem.

He had an absolutely PERFECT, what I believe is an original print, owner's manual for the 1967 GT350/GT500s. This book has no marking inside or out. No folded/tabbed corners. Even the original staples are not rusted and the pages are still tightly bound. It even has that old, thick paper and old school ink smell to it. It has been kept in a plastic bag for years and is in remarkable condition.

I know I have a piece of Shelby gold, but the question is how much is it actually worth? Can anyone help me out and give some ideas?

David Clark

The SAAC Forum, destroying people's dreams for over 20 years!

I guess Dave's 'Shelby gold' turned out to be a piece of Pyrite.  :'(
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Coralsnake

Well, the guy in Texas still probably feels worse.

davec.va

Quote from: BGlover67 on January 18, 2020, 06:59:41 AM
Quote from: davec.va on January 18, 2020, 12:37:38 AM
Hello all,

David Clark

The SAAC Forum, destroying people's dreams for over 20 years!

I guess Dave's 'Shelby gold' turned out to be a piece of Pyrite.  :'(

Well, it wouldn't be the first time something I thought was gold was pyrite...And probably not the last. That's why I came here...

Thanks all!

Bob Gaines

The people here typically try to be helpful rather then hurtful.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby