News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

66 seat risers ?

Started by corbins, March 01, 2018, 09:14:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

corbins

Not Shelby maybe , but .... did the 66 cars have a center brace as part of the seat risers? I have seen comments from others who bought risers and complained that they did not come with the "center brace" . Others in the replacement parts business say none existed ? Pics of Goodmark replacements do show a brace ... which was it ? I'm confused :)

Thanks, Steve

KR Convertible

Convertibles have the seat platforms made in one piece going over the trans tunnel. 

gt350shelb

there is a brace down center of risers on some cars / I do not know if it was  a 67 and up change / when they added fe engines .  it essentially extends the front frame rail length / above the floor / I have seen  them
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

J_Speegle

Not sure why you would go to part suppliers to ask or find out about original details since allot of reproduction panels aren't like original panels :)

Here is a picture of what a 66 San Jose fastback seat riser looked like - Same as coupes of the same period

Basically a three sided panel attached to the rocker, floor and transmission/driveline tunnel

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

corbins

Ok, thanks for the replies. I do know what seat risers look like, and I am well aware that repo parts are not exactly like original factory assembly line parts. My question concerns the existence or non-existence of a center brace that ran across the bottom of the risers. I do not remember ever cutting out a 66 so not sure if that brace was present or not.