News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Mobile Concours Judging Trailer

Started by BGlover67, January 18, 2020, 01:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGlover67

I had some time to kill at one of my son's robotic competitions today, so I pulled out my favorite distraction, the latest copy of the Shelby American.  In the winter of 2019, there is a page that discusses how the Victorian Mustang Club handles their judging issues. What was the consensus about this?

I'd like to hear what judges like Jim C and Bob G think about it, whether it would improve (or not) their lives the most. 

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Bob Gaines

Out of town will read and comment when I get back in a few days.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

shelbydoug

Mobil Judging Team. Do you mean they come to your house to judge your car?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Chris Thauberger

Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

outlawincorporated

BRIAN.

for approx. 8-10 years now in Australia we have been using the ramps as per your picture.  that was version 1 which had limited success now at most state concours events or our National show each year we have now gone one step further and hire out a ford dealership service bay for the day and all cars go up 6-8 feet up in the air on four post hoists.  makes the undercarriage judges job a lot easier and gives you a better appreciation of the details and effort some owners go too.

this is only relevant to concours original, throughbred and concours modified classes, not display class or show or shine

why this hasn't been done in the US im not sure, but it think it would be a fantastic opportunity for all involved.
normally the judging is done on the Saturday prior to the Sunday display and all cars who get judged in the above classes must be present on the show field on the Sunday.  that way all people get to see the vehicles that where judged.

best regards

PHILL BERESFORD
MELBOURNE.
AUSTRALIA.

6s2020

Quote from: outlawincorporated on January 18, 2020, 10:51:30 PM
BRIAN.

for approx. 8-10 years now in Australia we have been using the ramps as per your picture.  that was version 1 which had limited success now at most state concours events or our National show each year we have now gone one step further and hire out a ford dealership service bay for the day and all cars go up 6-8 feet up in the air on four post hoists.  makes the undercarriage judges job a lot easier and gives you a better appreciation of the details and effort some owners go too.

this is only relevant to concours original, throughbred and concours modified classes, not display class or show or shine

why this hasn't been done in the US im not sure, but it think it would be a fantastic opportunity for all involved.
normally the judging is done on the Saturday prior to the Sunday display and all cars who get judged in the above classes must be present on the show field on the Sunday.  that way all people get to see the vehicles that where judged.

best regards

PHILL BERESFORD
MELBOURNE.
AUSTRALIA.

+1

BGlover67

Thanks guys for the views from down-under.  I'm really impressed that guys like Bob, Jim, Pete, Jeff, JD and others manage to get under our cars at concours judging at all.  I can't even get under my car in the garage, least of all in a field of grass.  I'm sure the cost could be taken care of by sponsorship and I'd like to think that there would be volunteers available to help facilitate which ever way we went. 

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover

CSX 4133

I'm wondering if a company like BendPak could be contacted to offer up a four post lift specifically for Concours use?  They could be offered a vendor area to sell to prospective buyers during the SAAC event, it would be good advertising for them at a targeted audience. It could even be sold or auctioned during the event at BendPak's discretion.
Coincidently Bendpak started business in 1965, along with our favorite model brand.

polyglas

MCA judges the Thoroughbred class on a four post lift at Grand National, MCACN judges the Pinnacle(THB) cars on 4 post lift and Mid America judges the Concours cars on a four post lift. Nothing new in top concours classes. MCA and MCACN are judged at show site during show for all to observe. Nothing new really?

BGlover67

Quote from: polyglas on January 19, 2020, 10:56:56 AM
MCA judges the Thoroughbred class on a four post lift at Grand National, MCACN judges the Pinnacle(THB) cars on 4 post lift and Mid America judges the Concours cars on a four post lift. Nothing new in top concours classes. MCA and MCACN are judged at show site during show for all to observe. Nothing new really?

Perhaps the the co-Chairman of Concours Judging for SAAC can help make this happen.  Does anyone know how to get in touch with Mr Perkins?  ;)
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover

polyglas

Bob Perkins
920-696-3788
Perkinsrestorations@gmail.com

BGlover67

Quote from: polyglas on January 19, 2020, 01:47:38 PM
Bob Perkins
920-696-3788
Perkinsrestorations@gmail.com

Thanks Bob, should I just copy all this and email it to you?
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover