News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

6S449 - sold at auction this past weekend

Started by silverton_ford, January 21, 2020, 10:04:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

silverton_ford

Did anyone see 6S449 sell at the Worldwide Auctioneers auction this past Wednesday?    Just curious what it went for.   I have seen it in person, nice fun looking car.  Not perfectly concours, but a nice looking driver car.

https://worldwideauctioneers.com/car-details/?id=71&rid=47&fbclid=IwAR0QSWm8fFWyYt2d7q445ewoYdseLPCty6wnZm_ASmp5UjX6mxY6vugE6tc

Shelby_r_b

It went for $156.8K all in.  And, it has a lot of eyeball from the pictures  :).
Nothing beats a classic!

silverton_ford

Quote from: Shelby_r_b on January 21, 2020, 10:55:14 AM
It went for $156.8K all in.  And, it has a lot of eyeball from the pictures  :).

Thank you!

gt350hr

Brian ,
      Thanks for posting!
   Let me get on my soapbox for a minute please and correct information on the worldwide schpeal .
1   "Well publicized brake test cars". NO ONE knew about the brake test cars until I found out ( by accident) from the late Ray Wolfe who in '66 was at HiPerformance Motors. That was '74 , when I asked him about a "possible" white Hertz car ( my 6S477). His virtual immediate reply was yes 10 to SanFranscio and eight to LAX.
2 "After testing all cars were specified to be black" . MANY black cars were already in service at Hertz as the "brake test" cars were evaluated AFTER customer complaints! The cars didn't ship until Feb '66! We all know Hertz received cars in all colors AND some ( red mainly) without roof stripes as well.  Mine received it's radio at Hi Performance Motors at the same time as cars in the 700's . I have the billing paper signed by Ray.
   There are other details but I've ranted enough except for FIRESTONE wide ovals? Really?
   Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.