News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

What’s the rarest Shelby collectible?

Started by The Black Car, January 21, 2020, 09:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobrask8

A glove box door without his signature.....

67 GT350

Quote from: Cobrask8 on January 22, 2020, 12:12:54 PM

Good one! I got my car signed buy CS back in 1986 at Charlotte, that was when it was new and I wanted HIM to actually SEE the car! It turns me off when I see "parts" of cars signed!
RARE  Signature Delete

FL SAAC

LMAOROF stop it having lunch with our driver and the people next to us dont appreciate food coming out of our noses  ;D ;D ;D

Quote from: Cobrask8 on January 22, 2020, 12:12:54 PM
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

427heaven

Turns me off when I do see his signature on a car, especially when he was charging a minimum of 100 bucks for his charities as a donation... 10 for me and 1 for them... It has been said :-[

67 GT350

Quote from: 427heaven on January 22, 2020, 12:53:06 PM
Turns me off when I do see his signature on a car, especially when he was charging a minimum of 100 bucks for his charities as a donation... 10 for me and 1 for them... It has been said :-[

Me too! Right off!

Mine was FREE and he called my supercharger a "Wizzer"
RARE  Signature Delete

BGlover67

I used to feel the same as you both, but now that I own a car with CS's signature in large scale on the passenger's side dash, I have to say it's kinda cool.  It bugs me when I see Eleanor's with signed parts, or worse on Non-Fords, but I appreciate that he signed my car's Shelby No next to it.  At least it wasn't generically signed and sold at auction to the highest bidder.
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Quote from: BGlover67 on January 22, 2020, 03:06:44 PM
I used to feel the same as you both, but now that I own a car with CS's signature in large scale on the passenger's side dash, I have to say it's kinda cool.  It bugs me when I see Eleanor's with signed parts, or worse on Non-Fords, but I appreciate that he signed my car's Shelby No next to it.  At least it wasn't generically signed and sold at auction to the highest bidder.

If he had only signed vetted cars and included the VIN # in the signature, (I saw this on 1776) Then those signatures would be coveted by all.

gt350hr

My car is a "signature delete". Makes it "more rare" , and I plan on advertising that way when I do sell it in the distant future.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

shelbymann1970

Quote from: gt350hr on January 22, 2020, 06:03:44 PM
My car is a "signature delete". Makes it "more rare" , and I plan on advertising that way when I do sell it in the distant future.
I have never been big on signatures but once at the 100 years Ford show we(one son and my friend) stood in line to get some parts signed. After cutting off our line behind us due to Shelby's health(hand) we waited about 45 minutes and then they cut us off. Never got it and never tried again so my car is signature delete also.  After seeing so many non Shelbys signed by him the allure of his signature has worn off of me. But I do have it on a 65 GT350  decklid #132 of the Franklin Mint series so I do have one car signed by Shelby.  Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

CSX 4133

I imagine a lot of the signatures on non Shelby cars are in fact decals purchased on line.

I have an "optional"signature...best of both worlds...Signed videocassette(remember those?).If I want a signed dash I can throw it ON the dash,otherwise not.... 8)

98SVT - was 06GT

CS gave me a bottle of pre-made Carroll Shelby Chili. He said he had a few cases made up to test the market and it didn't sell. It's got to be rarer than Pit Stop.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

427heaven

I think Randy just coined a new phrase... MY CAR IS A SIGNATURE DELETE PACKAGE... I love it ;D If its a real car it can stand on its own-  by serial number, race history, provenance, etc. That's the way they came (without) and still look awesome without. I feel we have come full circle, it has been watered down so much on so many things, that it just feels better not to have to show his name on everything. The real cars and parts don't need his name showcased, we know if it belongs to the original 63-70 cars and parts. Not trying to offend anyone that waited for hours for that nugget... signature. I just prefer things without.

67 GT350

Quote from: 427heaven on January 22, 2020, 09:01:25 PM
I think Randy just coined a new phrase... MY CAR IS A SIGNATURE DELETE PACKAGE... I love it ;D If its a real car it can stand on its own-  by serial number, race history, provenance, etc. That's the way they came (without) and still look awesome without. I feel we have come full circle, it has been watered down so much on so many things, that it just feels better not to have to show his name on everything. The real cars and parts don't need his name showcased, we know if it belongs to the original 63-70 cars and parts. Not trying to offend anyone that waited for hours for that nugget... signature. I just prefer things without.

Well said!

1073 signature delete!

1424 signature right on the hood by the man himself before the money! Faded memory now as the next owner buffed it off!
RARE  Signature Delete

Side-Oilers

I wonder how many actual autographs (on anything) that the Old Man signed in his lifetime?  Not auto-pen, but the real thing.

50,000?  100,000? More?

Many big name actors would wish they had the decades of coolness longevity that CS had among fans.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model