News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Funny thing that I saw in the staging lines at BJ auction.

Started by Bob Gaines, January 21, 2020, 11:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Gaines

Funny thing that I saw in the staging line while at BJ. The K code was being sold by a restorer who came over to me as he saw me checking the engine bay out. He started to brag how many he had done before. I had a hard time keeping a straight face while listening to him and after seeing the things I saw. My eye was drawn to what looked like carriage bolts with the tops ground flat that held the coil spring cover. I wondered why he had to do that ? Apparently the hood was hitting them when closed. Why would that happen? I could not keep from breaking into a grin when I saw that the hood bumpers were installed upside down  ;D .I wondered how hard that would have been to install them from under the fender and in what reality that would seem to make sense. I have never seen that done before.   
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Chris Thauberger

Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

BGlover67

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

JD

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

J_Speegle

....Now that is a new one. Can't make this sort of thing up.
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Coralsnake

Its not hard to find bad examples

I was more frustrated by the BJ announcers commitment to touch every car that rolled across the aiction block. If its not yours don't touch it.

67 GT350

I hope the muffler bearing got installed correctly, not to mention the camshaft, hope that wasn't installed upside down.....Maybe he, like most, are in the car upside down?
RARE  Signature Delete

carlite65

along those same lines i once saw several 65-66's at an MCA national that had the quarter panel drain plugs installed upside down. turns out that all the cars were 'restored' by the same shop which shall remain nameless.

Chad

gt350hr

Bob ,
        Did it have the ever present CAUTION FAN sticker? That would have sealed the deal for me.
      Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

shelbymann1970

Quote from: gt350hr on January 22, 2020, 11:03:34 AM
    Bob ,
        Did it have the ever present CAUTION FAN sticker? That would have sealed the deal for me.
      Randy
LOL Randy, I was thinking the SAME thing. Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

CharlesTurner

Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

1967 eight barrel

I found a great use for the "Caution Fan" decal. I leaned too hard on the shroud and cracked the top. I used it to hold the shroud together while the glue dried.
Granted only an idiot would not understand how there is an issue with the hood bumpers we see many decal kits that come with the fan shroud sticker.
Sadly too many still want to keep information away from those working at home. 

Bob Gaines

Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby