News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Someone drove the wheels off this C8......

Started by CSX 4133, January 24, 2020, 02:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

lmao....didn't want the wheel locks, saved $100....priceless
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

CSX 4133

It's been a bad couple of weeks for GM employees, what with two engineers getting arrested in Kentucky for speeding (supposedly on a test drive, wink wink) and now this.

FL SAAC

bad couple of weeks?

think for a moment, they have the # 1 car of the year...

how do we milk this even more?

back in the press: create an event, two employees speeding

send notice that these two were disciplined,  then move them to another division

back in the press: wheels got stolen, generate more hoopla and possibly sell more accessories ( wheel locks ).

the trick is to keep generate enough publicity — bad or good, keep your product in the news and people talking about it

we are not a corvette site and we got 70 hits in a few hours

I believe that these two incidents probably got exposed to 10,000,000 (maybe more) people world wide.

imagine that exposure,  80% dont care, 15% will talk about it, 5% will retell stories and the legend continues to grab traction

they just increased their customer base

then you have the tall stories;

"did you hear about those two guys caught speeding,  yeah they clocked them at 200 mph" ..." no I think it was over 240 mph"

Quote from: CSX 4133 on January 24, 2020, 03:51:06 PM

It's been a bad couple of weeks for GM employees, what with two engineers getting arrested in Kentucky for speeding (supposedly on a test drive, wink wink) and now this.

I have all UNGOLD cars

BGlover67

Kind of reminds me of what happened to no. 139, '67 GT500.  It showed up parked on a street stripped of it's unique Shelby parts on blocks like this car.

This does look suspect.  I went to dental School in Harlem, NY and at lunch time we used to sit on the curb and watch the guys strip the cars they stole.  They never bothered putting the car on blocks or even used a jack.  They just needed a couple guys to roll the car on it's side and remove the wheels and whatever else they were interested in.  ;D
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

FL SAAC

rephrase: the new york entrepreneurs would repurpose and outsource the individual parts to the highest bidders

their enterprise provided new sources of employment, income and wealth mostly within their community

see what a positive impression those gentlemen made on the youths in that community

you can do it !

Quote from: BGlover67 on January 24, 2020, 05:24:24 PM
Kind of reminds me of what happened to no. 139, '67 GT500.  It showed up parked on a street stripped of it's unique Shelby parts on blocks like this car.

This does look suspect.  I went to dental School in Harlem, NY and at lunch time we used to sit on the curb and watch the guys strip the cars they stole.  They never bothered putting the car on blocks or even used a jack.  They just needed a couple guys to roll the car on it's side and remove the wheels and whatever else they were interested in.  ;D

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: FL SAAC TONY on January 24, 2020, 05:00:13 PM
......how do we milk this even more?.......
They need to paint the press car different colors for each magazine so it looks like they are really producing them.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

FL SAAC

LOL just like CS did, how original !

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on January 26, 2020, 05:46:28 PM
Quote from: FL SAAC TONY on January 24, 2020, 05:00:13 PM
......how do we milk this even more?.......
They need to paint the press car different colors for each magazine so it looks like they are really producing them.

I have all UNGOLD cars