News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Ford=Shelby GR1

Started by CSX 4133, January 24, 2020, 06:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CSX 4133

propayne

You could pour me a cup of that - liked it then and like it now.

Make mine painted not polished.

- Phillip
President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

TedS

Quote from: propayne on January 24, 2020, 06:47:25 PM

- Phillip

+1

Quote from: TedS on January 24, 2020, 08:13:41 PM

- Phillip

+1

+2

BGlover67

What kind of price point?
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Don Johnston

- Phillip
+3   Having been up close and personal by helping stage one of the display models fifteen years ago for the local Motor Trend Auto Show here, I definitely was smitten.  I would have it in guardsman blue.  I hope they managed to rectify the problem with the swing up door bracing that was one of the design hassles. 8)

From the Superformance site:

The Shelby GR1 highly anticipated
The Shelby GR-1 was one of the most exciting one-off concept cars to be done by Ford, destined for the concept car hall of fame and not the street. Well, it planted a seed in the collective automotive dreamscape for over 18 years the GR-1 weaved its way to fruition, finally blooming with the partnership between Lance Stander from Superformance, Ford and Shelby American.

Our intent will be to offer this amazing car as a street legal Low Volume Production Car with Federal VIN. We have previously been unwilling to accept any deposits until we are prepared to dedicate our factory's engineers to development of this car as a production ready vehicle. Your deposit, small and fully refundable, is simply to measure the honest interest in this car and the realistic sales potential. You will get preferential allocation, once in production.

Options and Pricing are To Be Determined later. However, we anticipate that the MSRP of the Shelby GR-1 to be from $250,000 with a 750+HP Ford Drivetrain. The Shelby GR1 is planned to be available in either Aluminum or Carbon Fiber.

Bob Gaines

Very cool . Glad to see the effort.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

68countrysedan

Upside:  styling that doesn't resemble every other front engine sports car.
Downsides: not in love with the front end and pass on the polished look.

IMHO Ford/Shelby/Superformance have a winner.

Don Johnston

I would question i the small front end intake is enough to cool the GT500 power plant that they expect to use.  A big part of the 2020 GT500 design was the engineering to get sufficient air and cooling for the power plant.   8)

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Don Johnston on January 25, 2020, 03:24:36 PM
I would question i the small front end intake is enough to cool the GT500 power plant that they expect to use.  A big part of the 2020 GT500 design was the engineering to get sufficient air and cooling for the power plant.   8)
Good but disturbing point  :o.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

FL SAAC

jaguar cloned it pretty good
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

98SVT - was 06GT

I'll take mine in Viking Blue. @ $250 it's a much better deal than the new V6 Ford GT.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Quote from: Don Johnston on January 25, 2020, 03:24:36 PM

I was surprised how much of the 2020 GT500 grill is actually blocked off behind the honeycomb mesh.

Guessing they will have to add lower grill openings and ground effects to the th GR-1.